Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Postby Karede » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:00 pm

The main reason the DIS megashield is even problematic is because siege is almost undoable to begin with, so it's not as egregious
Karede

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:03 pm

my point is that devs should not officially encourage any players to bugraid anyone in game.
Tonkyhonk

Postby leanne69 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Yep, need to first remove the brimstone from catapult.

4 brimstone per catapult, 2 per repair... Need 100+ Brimstone to destroy a shield. It can't be done as long as brimstone decay.

Tonkyhonk wrote:my point is that devs should not officially encourage any players to bugraid anyone in game.

Agree on this one, but it's nothing about DIS and their megashield village.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:05 pm

leanne69 wrote:And, basically, it's not a bug. I bet everyone thought of using multiple village. I myself will do it.

And btw, it's not unraidable. Can still be rammed.

imo it's like saying multiple wall is a mechanic abuse... Bullshit.

For gods sake. Someone made a calculation of the time needed to do this, and that without other variables like defending the siege machinery and surviving the zerg to do it.
ITs not, but its "clever".
pedorlee

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 pm

leanne69 wrote:Agree on this one, but it's nothing about DIS and their megashield village.

if devs officially state that "muddy enough exploits" should be countered by "muddy enough exploits", then they should also be targetted to be consistent. and then head back to my point, please.
Tonkyhonk

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:my point is that devs should not officially encourage any players to bugraid anyone in game.

Also pls read the whole thread before saying so. Thats completely wrong.
Even if we all think different, thats not what has happened.
pedorlee

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 pm

pedorlee wrote:

jorb wrote:that any exploitative behavior leveraged against them will for the foreseeable future be left unpunished, provided that an accurate report of it is provided Olympus after the fact.

tell me, which part is completely wrong?
Tonkyhonk

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
pedorlee wrote:

jorb wrote:that any exploitative behavior leveraged against them will for the foreseeable future be left unpunished, provided that an accurate report of it is provided Olympus after the fact.

tell me, which part is completely wrong?

Thats why I say read the whole thread because it has been very interesting in an ethic, legal and logical way of ruling this world.
What basicaly happened is that oddi used a mechanic in a "clever" way (jorb dixit) and devs arent against new and clever ways of riding or using world mechanics.
This is the first point.
Then they have stated that glitchy abusing of the system or the mechanics its going to get a punishment if its not reported before to them.
This way the game gets better by changing non intended or thinked beforehand stuff and we avoid some drama.
They have also asked to the player base to follow the rules a bit because judging case x case and trying to impart justice draws a lot of time.
My english its not the best and you should take a look, but i made you a resume one page ago.

Edit: I forgot. After oddi events Ainran decided to use a bug in theyr arsenal to bugraid Bob and kill him. That was glitchy and as it seems they lied to Jorb to get out of it with impunity, but they ended nuked and with a big dick in the middle of their village.
Have a look mlady.
Best wishes.
Last edited by pedorlee on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pedorlee

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:33 pm

pedorlee wrote:What basicaly happened is that oddi used a mechanic in a "clever" way (jorb dixit) and devs arent against new and clever ways of riding or using world mechanics.
This is the first point.
Then they have stated that glitchy abusing of the system or the mechanics its going to get a punishment if its not reported before to them.
This way the game gets better by changing non intended or thinked beforehand stuff and we avoid some drama.
They have also asked to the player base to follow the rules a bit because judging case x case and trying to impart justice draws a lot of time.
My english its not the best and you should take a look, but i made you a resume one page ago.

if you didnt understand, im not objecting to the whole argument in here. im objecting against a part of it, which gave ainran a reason to raid overtyped.
Tonkyhonk

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:36 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
pedorlee wrote:What basicaly happened is that oddi used a mechanic in a "clever" way (jorb dixit) and devs arent against new and clever ways of riding or using world mechanics.
This is the first point.

if you didnt understand, im not objecting to the whole argument in here. im objecting against a part of it.

Well, you say they encourage bug raiding and they are not doing so.
Ainran twisted completely Jorbs argument to have vengeance about Bob. That was a possibility, but even if i thought like you at the begining its not.
pedorlee

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements