Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

pedorlee wrote:Well, you say they encourage bug raiding and they are not doing so.

jorb wrote:any exploitative behavior leveraged against them will for the foreseeable future be left unpunished

this is an encouragement for those who want to raid someone.

furthermore,

jorb wrote:Verdict: Overtyped is as far as we know not a wizard, and 広島市 will thus receive a mild rebuff meted out in the form of some random damage to their village. We will attempt to compensate overtyped in some reasonable way.

see? the point of the verdict is who overtyped was, not how it was done.
Tonkyhonk

Postby RedKGB » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:44 pm

An independent review team made by three people should be the ones to make judgment with j/l having veto power. The 3 person panel should be pooled from a group that the community pick, not more than one person per faction. Minimum number in the pool is 9. That way hermits can end up being the majority of people in it. Mods cannot be a part of it, but the mods do pick the three so to keep it fair. Anything that requires research of code will be condensed to a single action or location to prevent the devs from spending hours on it. This is a frame work, that canbe modified to better suit the games needs.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
pedorlee wrote:Well, you say they encourage bug raiding and they are not doing so.

jorb wrote:any exploitative behavior leveraged against them will for the foreseeable future be left unpunished

this is an encouragement for those who want to raid someone.

furthermore,

jorb wrote:Verdict: Overtyped is as far as we know not a wizard, and 広島市 will thus receive a mild rebuff meted out in the form of some random damage to their village. We will attempt to compensate overtyped in some reasonable way.

see? the point of the verdict is who overtyped was, not how it was done.

lol no, they clearly sayd that any exploitable behaviour against oddi was going to be left unpunishable, because they understood that they were partly blameworthly, but not enterely, while Ainran bugraid against Bob wasnt. Since bob wasnt a wizard the bug used against him was punishable.
Devs are just being proportional in the punishment here.

They stated a rule: Using bugs against oddi is ok.
That doesnt mean by any logic that using bugs against other players is ok because other players are not oddi.
a!=B.

Its not the same killing a dude with a gun than omiting help, even if both are blameable.
pedorlee

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm

pedo, im afraid you hardly understood my point of the argument. come back when you actually do, please.
Tonkyhonk

Postby leanne69 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:53 pm

Your point is dev shouldn't have allowed bugraid at all, even to someone.

Understanding != being agree with.

Please understand that.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:57 pm

leanne69 wrote:Your point is dev shouldn't have allowed bugraid at all, even to someone.

Please understand that.

This.

And as i sayd some posts ago: At the begining i had the same opionion you have now. Im just trying to xplain it to you with my broken englis...soz

Edit= At the begining I was asking for cleansing fire instead of this measure. I was quite angry for this decision. After reading and thinking I've changed a bit my mind.
On the one hand devs were saying that oddi actions werent a cheat but in the other one they were saying "something stinks here" anyway. "So if anybody here wants to do the same to them, just do it". Thats a win win because this way there will be some justice and in the other hand the game mechanics will get better because non reported errors will be solved. It was more like a pragmatic solution, called salomonic by them, than a just solution. And one thing lead to the other, with some nuances in the middle.
Anyway, Ainran twisted this to get revenge and kill an innocent.
I understand what you mean, im not completely idiot... :(

Also pls dont call me pedo because its sounds wrong, damn wrong. pls
Last edited by pedorlee on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pedorlee

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:58 pm

leanne69 wrote:Your point is dev shouldn't have allowed bugraid at all, even to someone.

Please understand that.

countering != missing the point.

please understand that.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 pm

pedorlee wrote:And as i sayd some posts ago: At the begining i had the same opionion you have now. Im just trying to xplain it to you with my broken englis...soz

i dont know how much you remember or know how it was a few worlds back. the trend was "report first, exploit fast till it gets fixed" for a long while. and i used to agree with that. still, it was never "officially" said so as an announcement. at some point it was changed to "no bug raids, no exploits, but report". im trying to tell you this is causing more issues than solutions.
Tonkyhonk

Postby pedorlee » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
pedorlee wrote:And as i sayd some posts ago: At the begining i had the same opionion you have now. Im just trying to xplain it to you with my broken englis...soz

i dont know how much you remember or know how it was a few worlds back. the trend was "report first, exploit fast till it gets fixed" for a long while. and i used to agree with that. still, it was never "officially" said so as an announcement. at some point it was changed to "no bug raids, no exploits, but report". im trying to tell you this is causing more issues than solutions.

At what point?
Nobody has stated this in this thread if im right. Also Ive been defending a clear rule set along Oddi thread and in this one its the first devs have done.
From now on this wont happen again without a punishment. Now its clear as water.
pedorlee

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:21 pm

dont remember when exactly, but the last "reported" intentional bugraid without a punishment i remember was done by those alhpa guys in IP against russians, with current dis members. i was cheering for it then, though. there were many discussions about this "report first, then exploit" in the past.

pedorlee wrote:From now on this wont happen again without a punishment. Now its clear as water.

thats not right, because they allow people to bugraid those wizard guys. but how do people prove you if they are one of them or not? thats pretty grey. mistakes can always happen too, but what is the reimbursement? never resurrection nor full recovery of the victims property. is that fair if/when that happened by a simple complete mistake? or what about if one of them leaves the group or the group breaks and get merged with others?
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements