Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Vert wrote:so you know a bug and didnt report it again

I have no motivation to report them. But yeah, i'm lazy enough to use them and play from scratch once again.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby pedorlee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
jorb wrote:-- and that any exploitative behavior leveraged against them will for the foreseeable future be left unpunished, provided that an accurate report of it is provided Olympus after the fact.

lol what?

ive been away for a while and first thing i see is this? something sounds wrong, jorb. im not even sure if it was supposed to be something someone should have reported or concerned as everything seemed to have worked the way it should to me...i mean, isnt it the security problem of those who got raided in this case? why didnt they even get rid of an unknown hearth fire in the first place? are you now encouraging bug abuse?

Just stop playing a couple of days and when you come back you have been rekt. Do you think this is a security fault, an abuse, both? Do you really want this for you??
pedorlee

Postby MightySheep » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm

jorb wrote:In light of the fact that three separate, unnecessary, and in some sense obviously accident-prone decisions on part of the architect left Tartarus vulnerable

I agree with the verdict but I don't agree with this sentence. How is leaving the gates open "unnecessary"? On the contrary, I was under the impression that closing them is supposed to be unnecessary.

Feels like a complete change in tone from when visitor debuff is introduced with the claim that villages are to be more open and safe etc. Now you are saying leaving gates open is an "unnecessary security flaw" and we should have considered all the mechanics in game before doing so. Mechanics which you obviously hadn't even considered yourself.

Admittedly the only reason Tartarus didn't have a walled charterstone is because the village was mostly abandoned shortly after the charterstone was built. However, it's obvious from these threads that a large portion of the player base wasn't aware of this method of attack. Pretty weak justification if you ask me. Would be better if you just said "oops, my bad, that wasnt an intended mechanic". Our first base was raided with instant pclaim aggro abuse earlier in world, I suppose that was our fault too for not realizing it sooner right?.
Last edited by MightySheep on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightySheep

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 pm

pedorlee wrote:Just stop playing a couple of days and when you come back you have been rekt. Do you think this is a security fault, an abuse, both? Do you really want this for you??

well if i stop playing while i have such set up, i wouldnt leave my charter stone open for anyone to spawn... you mean.. you dont/didnt?
Tonkyhonk

Postby pedorlee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
pedorlee wrote:Just stop playing a couple of days and when you come back you have been rekt. Do you think this is a security fault, an abuse, both? Do you really want this for you??

well if i stop playing while i have such set up, i wouldnt leave my charter stone open for anyone to spawn...

You talk like you knew this could happen. Do you think new players were aware of this? Do you think this is an intended mechanic, something devs wanted when they created charterstones?
I'm out of this thread.
pedorlee

Postby smileyguy4you » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:03 pm

i came here for an update, i am dissapoint :(
smileyguy4you

Postby shadowchris » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:

well if i stop playing while i have such set up, i wouldnt leave my charter stone open for anyone to spawn... you mean.. you dont/didnt?

Right because you know all the unintended mechanics inside out. Obviously tarturus didn't have the best security system but unless you were looking for a work around, no one would have thought this would be possible
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 pm

pedorlee wrote:You talk like you knew this could happen. Do you think new players were aware of this? Do you think this is an intended mechanic, something devs wanted when they created charterstones?
I'm out of this thread.

its not about knowing what could happen but about security...i mean, if i stop playing, why would i leave a way for someone to spawn in my place while nobody is around? people can sometimes find out password, and i remember that happening to my friends before.

cmon, i see that people seeing it as somwhat exploiting no matter what, but then, considering how they had dealt with the past exploits and all, now devs officially allowing others to abuse to raid the victimizer is on a totally different level. that sounds just so wrong to me.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Badich » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Vert wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:And, yeah, i want to ask J&L personal question. So why whould anyone go and raid those guys right now, when, obviously they already evacuated everything from their village (because were awared of nuke). And what's the point of using walljump against empty walls? Don't see any logic here.
Let's make it more interesting. Remove any kind of punishment for abuses against any village whoose members was one of those abusers for the whole World duration.

so you know a bug and didnt report it again

Too much honor to walljump when he knows every account password
London is the capital of Great Britain
Badich

Postby Duane » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Here's an idea: Siphon bug abusers into another version of World9 where they can't harass people that aren't willing to cheat to play. The OP isn't bug abuse but saying bug abuse is okay is pretty russian of you. The entire argument in favor of Willy was that he wasn't abusing bugs, and I'm sure anybody who would use bugs would just call them game mechanics anyway.

That's where the line needs to be drawn. Game mechanics need to be more defined, and their exploits identified.
Duane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements