Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Judgment: The Case of Willy Potter vs. Tartarus

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:36 pm

rye130 wrote:Pretty good decision. Only thing I disagree with is the victim blaming. People protect against what they know can hurt them. Knowing to wall your mineholes for example is a reasonable thing to expect of a person because you know that enemies could come up through them to circumvent your walls and this has happened and been documented many times before. This abuse with Charterstones however is something not really known of before and expecting the victim to prevent it is a little harsh.

I don't know, setting your charterstone so others can spawn on it seems pretty stupid.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:36 pm

And, yeah, i want to ask J&L personal question. So why whould anyone go and raid those guys right now, when, obviously they already evacuated everything from their village (because were awared of nuke). And what's the point of using walljump against empty walls? Don't see any logic here.
Let's make it more interesting. Remove any kind of punishment for abuses against any village whoose members was one of those abusers for the whole World duration.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby shadowchris » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:37 pm

No_name_noob wrote:I have a feeling this will cause a world war.

There's not enough mayhem in this world anyways.
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby pedorlee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Devs seem to forget character creation screen purpose or what happened in previous worlds were some people bruteforced heartfire names in order to get inside villages.
Was this intended when you created that system? Was this among the possibilities? If so, why have you changed the system.
Using the caracter creation screen in a offensive way its all but logic.
Today you have shown magnanimity with the heretics blaming the victims and creating a gap of justice betwen 2 diferent factions. If I were Dis I would keep a big grudge with this decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0PpTPvbr-4
pedorlee

Postby shubla » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:40 pm

ban them all. problem solved
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby sabinati » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:41 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
rye130 wrote:Pretty good decision. Only thing I disagree with is the victim blaming. People protect against what they know can hurt them. Knowing to wall your mineholes for example is a reasonable thing to expect of a person because you know that enemies could come up through them to circumvent your walls and this has happened and been documented many times before. This abuse with Charterstones however is something not really known of before and expecting the victim to prevent it is a little harsh.

I don't know, setting your charterstone so others can spawn on it seems pretty stupid.

there's nothing inherently stupid about allowing spawns per se, but i don't understand the logic of having the stone inside your village in that particular case
sabinati

Postby Vert » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:45 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:And, yeah, i want to ask J&L personal question. So why whould anyone go and raid those guys right now, when, obviously they already evacuated everything from their village (because were awared of nuke). And what's the point of using walljump against empty walls? Don't see any logic here.
Let's make it more interesting. Remove any kind of punishment for abuses against any village whoose members was one of those abusers for the whole World duration.

so you know a bug and didnt report it again
Vert

Postby ravenguard19 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Get the fucking chairs to work, they're not here to be sitting on them

Because we can and we will.... die!
ravenguard19

Postby Potjeh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:49 pm

jorb wrote:Another solution is to make it so that spawning by a Charter stone does not place a Hearthfire, which is problematic as any slip-up on the part of a newly spawned character, before constructing a hearthfire, would then imply a forced wilderness spawn due to inability to log in on the village claim again if logged out. On the other hand we have previously considered even making newly charter stone spawned characters members of the village immediately. On the third hand one could argue that wilderness beacons make charter stone spawning superfluous.

Obvious solution is to have charterstone act as hearthfire for characters who spawned on it until they build a hf. Also, hearthing to charterstone should apply visitor.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:51 pm

jorb wrote:-- and that any exploitative behavior leveraged against them will for the foreseeable future be left unpunished, provided that an accurate report of it is provided Olympus after the fact.

lol what?

ive been away for a while and first thing i see is this? something sounds wrong, jorb. im not even sure if it was supposed to be something someone should have reported or concerned as everything seemed to have worked the way it should to me...i mean, isnt it the security problem of those who got raided in this case? why didnt they even get rid of an unknown hearth fire in the first place? are you now encouraging bug abuse?
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements