Game Development: Grade-A Milk

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grade-A Milk

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:02 am

jorb wrote:For that matter: That is precisely the type of situation that can make introducing higher tier produce of varying kinds actually relevant. I mean, Lord call me crazy, but perhaps carrots and beetroots, and whatnot, shouldn't be eternally useless?

Bruh they weren't useless until this patch when you nerfed bonfires ;)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Itanu » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:04 am

So now those people that didn't stuff themselves on 300% with as much food as they could make because of 3% bonfires will not be able to catch up to those that did for months to come.
Itanu

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:05 am

Since people are going to link threads I'll graciously direct our beloved, beer-granting Dev-gods to this thread on winemaking, too :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:05 am

Itanu wrote:So now those people that didn't stuff themselves on 300% with as much food as they could make because of 3% bonfires will not be able to catch up to those that did for months to come.

>stat caps
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:06 am

Itanu wrote:So now those people that didn't stuff themselves on 300% with as much food as they could make because of 3% bonfires will not be able to catch up to those that did for months to come.

Yes, and it won't matter a single bit, because with that attitude you weren't catching up anyway.

On a more serious note: Yes, changes like these can suck for some, for some time, but those problems fade over time. We have to try to do the right things and advance the project.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Orcling » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 am

jorb wrote:You are ignoring the effects of drinks.
You seem to imply that it is some sort of law of nature that your food industry should be based on only a couple of food types.

Trade, variance, &c&c. Time to git gud, scrub.

Not everyone is a NEET and can spend all day playing Hafen producing every other possible (and useless) food type.
Every vegetable cooked thing is useless. Fish is not worth the effort. Chickens are useless until the quality is way up. Who the fuck eats forageables.
Cheese(dairy?) is kinda an inbetween, its good but it takes a while to set up.
Mushrooms? Shit except for boletes.
Baked goods are good, some roasted meat is good, sausages are good.

Any food that's worth trading is already a staple in any village worth two shits.
Drinking half a dozen different drinks each time you eat will just become another chore really quickly.

jorb wrote:For that matter: That is precisely the type of situation that can make introducing higher tier produce of varying kinds actually relevant. I mean, Lord call me crazy, but perhaps carrots and beetroots, and whatnot, shouldn't be eternally useless?

Except there are no "high tier" vegetable foods. They're all shit and/or high hunger.
Last edited by Orcling on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orcling

Postby Onep » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 am

jorb wrote:Yes, and it won't matter a single bit, because with that attitude you weren't catching up anyway.

Jorb's got the sick burns!
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:09 am

Jorb, you mentioned 5% required to start tanning, but do higher concentrations process faster? Did you make leathermaking not take half as long as steel? Is it finally the time to wrap myself in dead cows just to feel whole again??

Orcling wrote:Except there are no "high tier" vegetable foods. They're all shit and high hunger.

He's saying he should set up a system for adding those things before adding them. Quit being so fucking entitled, get gud, and stop eating only cheese and sausage. Jorb should add Gout to waylay you being such a knob.
Duane

Postby Onep » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:09 am

Orcling wrote:Not everyone is a NEET and can spend all day playing Hafen producing every other possible (and useless) food type.
Every vegetable cooked thing is useless. Fish is not worth the effort. Chickens are useless until the quality is way up. Who the fuck eats forageables.
Cheese(dairy?) is kinda an inbetween, its good but it takes a while to set up.
Mushrooms? Shit except for boletes.
Baked goods are good, some roasted meat is good, sausages are good.

Steak and tubers is god-tier. Liver and Onions is pretty awesome too. Just because they don't give 1 pure stat doesn't make them bad. There are quite a few others.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:11 am

Can we expect urination in upcoming patches so that we have something else to do between eating and drinking?
Also, could you please add 'light naps' into the mix?

I still feel like I am progressing too quickly and enjoying myself too much

Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements