Game Development: Grade-A Milk

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grade-A Milk

Postby Orcling » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:26 am

Duane wrote:
Orcling wrote:Well sorry that i've nearly capped some of my stats already and those few foods are the most effective(and pretty much only) things to raise the stats that aren't that high.

STATS RAISE SLOWER IF YOU HAVE HIGH STATS

FEPS SCALE OFF YOUR HIGHEST STAT

OF COURSE IT'S HARDER TO RAISE NON PRIMARY STATS

HOW HARD DID YOU HIT YOUR FUCKING HEAD PLEASE JUST EAT OTHER STUFF OH MY GOD YOU'RE RUINING MY IMMERSION

ITS NOT MY FAULT MAMMOTH MEAT IS SO GOOD.
YOU FIND A MAMMOTH, YOU EAT IT.
THE WHOLE THING.
Orcling

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:28 am

jorb wrote:
linkfanpc wrote:Question: If i teach someone, for instance, steel, can they still make it themselves and get the discovery LP or are they now forbidden of it?

If you learn from someone else you won't get discovery LP later, no.

Huh, alright.

cries inside
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Priss » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:30 am

jorb wrote:You can now simply toss bark into water to get tanning fluid. Tanning fluid has a concentration percentage depending on how much tanning material -- bark -- you have put into it. Do note that tanning fluid needs to have a concentration of at least 5% to be active.

1) What we spend on each tanned leather - water, bark or both?
2) What quality tanning fluid will be? For example - i will put some bark into water, then add some more same quality bark to it - how to calculate quality?
Priss

Postby rye130 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:40 am

jorb wrote:Combat: Improve the damage and armor models to make hits less one-shotty, and armor last longer. Improve the blocking model to reduce ugly ganks when you have no blocks for some dimension. Reconsider attack selection. Aim to keep combat discoveries, and some sort of deck construction. Remove randomness.

Combat discoveries are ridiculously annoying after you've done them one time. That's why people botted them on animals. What randomness is there besides the initial ordering of cards?
rye130

Postby Glorthan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:41 am

Quick tanning critique: can we have a different visible water level when it's not high enough, and change the water colour only based on the bark concentration?

Currently if the water level is too low, or the bark concentration is too low, or both, there is no difference in visual indicator and you need close inspection to work out which one/s are too low.
Glorthan

Postby Thedrah » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:42 am

yay to drinking milk, i wonder if or how much energy you get for it per sip or how much hunger used

but why 50%? and for many only to reset -one- when 4 of them gets to 50%? and that drinking certain stuff will raise this?
instead can we get timegates? i mean 4 to be 50% seems annoying and confusing. maybe even arcane like the old combat system in essence

can you drink without needing to refill energy? or will we be hand ploughing one tile over and over to drink more tea/milk?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Glorthan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 am

Thedrah wrote:can you drink without needing to refill energy? or will we be hand ploughing one tile over and over to drink more tea/milk?

lol good ol' stamina drain bots
Glorthan

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 am

How does the concentration on tanning fluid impact hides? Does it leather-ize hides faster?
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:50 am

Priss wrote:1) What we spend on each tanned leather - water, bark or both?

Both, of course.
Priss wrote:2) What quality tanning fluid will be? For example - i will put some bark into water, then add some more same quality bark to it - how to calculate quality?

It works as previously in that one piece of bark counts equally to one liter of water for quality purposes.

rye130 wrote:What randomness is there besides the initial ordering of cards?

Is it not indeed the randomness of card selection from the deck that has caused you to use five-card decks?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:52 am

loftar wrote:Is it not indeed the randomness of card selection from the deck that has caused you to use five-card decks?

Do they have specialized burn wards in your country? Because you better call this guy an ambulance.

linkfanpc wrote:How does the concentration on tanning fluid impact hides? Does it leather-ize hides faster?

Jorb said no but it definitely feels faster
maybe it's just because I'm staring at it.
Duane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements