Game Development: Rekt!-ing Ball

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rekt!-ing Ball

Postby Karede » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Kaios wrote:I would have liked to have seen no hard leather requirement and less rope and/or bone glue for the Wrecking Ball. I think the wrecking ball makes the most sense as an in-home tool of destruction for unwanted houses or walls but only if you'd be able to spam them a bit more. Fuck rope.

It's really quite cheap as is, especially since you can pick it up and put it back down again
Any cheaper and you could just spam them at any and every base to check for inactives.
Karede

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Karede wrote:It's really quite cheap as is, especially since you can pick it up and put it back down again

It is cheap already but still the 24 hour wait depending on the size of your village might take too long if you're only using one. I just hate making rope.

Any cheaper and you could just spam them at any and every base to check for inactives.

I don't think that's such a bad thing
Kaios

Postby Karede » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:49 pm

You probably aren't wrong actually
Would make wall checking a bit more exciting it you actually found anything ever
Karede

Postby trinh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:10 pm

Rock crystals are still fucking up hermits :(
Claimed wonders still limited to try-hards playing 24/7 first days and so on with claims over them.

Just more changes to ruin casual player's hearthlings life/bases. Yeah, thank you Jorbtar!
trinh

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:11 pm

trinh wrote:Just more changes to ruin casual player's hearthlings life/bases. Yeah, thank you Jorbtar!

... wat?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:34 pm

jorb wrote:
trinh wrote:Just more changes to ruin casual player's hearthlings life/bases. Yeah, thank you Jorbtar!

... wat?

Obviously anything not added to bash dipshit Rock Crystal/Salt claims is hurting people, jorb! Open your eyes!

And also add a buttersteamed cavebulb cheese/sausage for psyche.
Duane

Postby trinh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Jorby, let me explain...

Who is interested in raiding and making it less harsh? For sure not players who log in for hour or less during week (for me definition of casual player, who build his farm, make dangerous trip to trading hub and getting slaughtered by wizards/russians/whatever main fraction currently it is).

Higher soak, more tools of walls torture, so you are getting away from my base = my castle to make bloodbath easier (with previous state when several hours of some player gamplay could be ruined with cost 14h straight of camping of aggressor). Unfortunately sandbox mmorpgs are somehow attracts such players (EVE camping, Salem camping when Treaties were camping 30h for one guy to login back inside forest, and here we are getting this time shorten - that's why I'm unhappy hearthling!)
This way you will reach previous game state.

I guess main fraction are core of the game (especially with abusing game weaknesess), but plankton makes this game imho.
I like to login, talk with neighbors, even spent hours walking alt over mountains trying to get rock crystals (since price is getting sick, and even game time token is not enough) and I found only plenty of wonders claimed (and filled 4/5, 15/15).

Cry is free.
trinh

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:46 pm

trinh wrote: I like to login, talk with neighbors, even spent hours walking alt over mountains trying to get rock crystals (since price is getting sick, and even game time token is not enough) and I found only plenty of wonders claimed (and filled 4/5, 15/15).

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE When are these claims going to be salted. I'd go around with ram materials myself and bash these stupid fucking claims if I had vandalism and higher combat stats
Duane

Postby Zeler » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:51 pm

No one is going to camp your walls for 14 hours for some shitty 20ql carrots.
Zeler

Postby trinh » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:57 pm

But for trading with LadyGoo?
Or talking with Rawrz (wizard) on IRC?
1000l of wine around?
What ql carrots will make you camp 14h?

I just want to have at least decent protection which will allow me to counter agresor without playing 24/7.

Or simply question:
Why base I spent >60h of gameplay leveling, getting sandstone around, building things - can be ruined in few hours by some sweaty basement dweller?
trinh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements