Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Postby Onep » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am

It's so annoying seeing "THINK OF THE NAAABS" arguments. No one is going to siege some stupid sprucecap's palisade for 14 hours. And if they do, they deserve a gold star for their effort.
Last edited by Onep on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am

jason1982 wrote:I'm starting to beleave jorbs is just trying to drive players away and make end of world come sooner.

Why do you think that?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Scruffy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am

smileyguy4you wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:why do you people act as if hermits should have some special way to defend themselves its the most unrealistic bullshit ever

so the only important people in this game are the large factions, there should be no consideration to new groups of people tryin out the game for the first time, no point playing when a group of 3 has no chance of survival

Unless you plow their sister, larger villages won't waste the materials required to raid hermitting nabs. Nobody likes wasting brimstone on shitters
[3:31:54 PM] Dāvis: ye, theres some times you go upwards in your situations and theres times when you go downwards
Scruffy

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am

Please stop the conspiracy theories and stay on topic.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby nytro » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 am

jorb wrote:
smileyguy4you wrote:if you wanna remove alt vaulting better give hermits/small groups some way to protect their land, as it is they already have no line of defense from a siege

At present I am, again, not even sure that removing alt-vaulting accomplishes much.

It's true that there are plenty of other ways that players can keep their items away from enemies. The most annoying of which as you said earlier is by simply destroying their own stuff. In my opinion though, I don't believe everyone will resort to that, and without the option of alt-vaulting, they might end up trying different strategies like running away on horses with loot, etc (which was actually done by a village not too long ago, and was fun to hear about).

In history, there were actually times when people burned down their own livelihoods out of spite against enemies, so I guess it is a realistic option (a lot more realistic than magically disappearing with loot at least). I'd really like to see how it would work out, and what new things can sprout from this implementation. You never know until you try it.
nytro

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 am

Onep wrote:It's so annoying seeing "THINK OF THE NAAABS" arguments. No one is going to siege some stupid sprucecap's palisade for 14 hours.

have 4 examples of <3 member villages getting raided with more than 3 catapults in the last week alone
smileyguy4you

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 am

smileyguy4you wrote:pft w/e you say, factions totally dont raid small village no never :roll:

lol with how hard sieiging is now i would really love to see some completely random nabs getting sieged for no reason. it wont fukn happen ok theres no point in someone sieging complete noobs for no reason it takes like 16 hours of camping shit
you noobs should be happy that palibashing isnt a thing anymore that is all you noobs really deserve tbh
ChildhoodObesity

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:17 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:i think a nice solution to these problems is while village is being sieged logged in chars can not log out

Then every village would simply have an unclaimed hole in it where vault alts can log out, though.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:18 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
smileyguy4you wrote:pft w/e you say, factions totally dont raid small village no never :roll:

lol with how hard sieiging is now i would really love to see some completely random nabs getting sieged for no reason. it wont fukn happen ok theres no point in someone sieging complete noobs for no reason it takes like 16 hours of camping shit
you noobs should be happy that palibashing isnt a thing anymore that is all you noobs really deserve tbh

you noobs, love how personal you take everything, im just pointing out if you want any sort of player base your thought process is flawed
smileyguy4you

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:19 am

smileyguy4you wrote:
jorb wrote:I can certainly agree that alt-vaulting should probably be made less of a thing, but how?

I mean, we can easy-peasy make hearthfires lootable, fine, but then what?

You can still destroy shit. Dump to ground. Have it decay. Ride away with it. Throw in the water, &c&c.

Just kind of seems as if the changes would have to be fairly draconian to accomplish much.

if you wanna remove alt vaulting better give hermits/small groups some way to protect their land, as it is they already have no line of defense from a siege

My system covers this. Yell at it if it doesn't.
Duane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements