Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Postby stya » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:45 am

rye130 wrote:
stya wrote:"From siege machines"

You can bash flowers with your hands...

Have fun trying to hand bash something with more soak than is possible to overcome because of the stat cap.

Confirmed DIS already building towers.
stya

Postby Sollar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:46 am

Gaaaaaayyyy
Sollar

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:48 am

rye130 wrote:
stya wrote:"From siege machines"

You can bash flowers with your hands...

Have fun trying to hand bash something with more soak than is possible to overcome because of the stat cap.

I can't beat down brick walls by hand anymore. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

jorb wrote:[*] You can now apply brimstone to a Village Idol or Claim Pole, to restore its shield by 250 points. You may buffer/apply up to five units of brimstone at once, and the Idol/Pole then "restores" one unit every 30 minutes. So you may apply brimstone once every 30 minutes, or five times every 2.5 hours, or whatever in between. Newly built villages count as having a buffer of 20 brimstone to work through, and they can thus only be boosted after eight hours.

You made this?

I made this.
Duane

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:50 am

Onep wrote:I don't like the repairing shield with brimstone

It should be noted that both the brimstone-to-shield ratio and the charge rate over time are fairly crappy. It can't really be used to counter an active siege; only to recharge a bit faster between repeated attempts.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:50 am

this update is far from good, notifying someone that theyre being sieged is dumb as fuck.

u need to fix the fact that when people are being sieged they altvault everything of value, break everything they cant altvault, and log off their chars until its over. we sieged some koreans who prob werent checking their shield so they didnt have much time to altvault/break everything but they got most of the shit alt vaulted and saw cupboards full of dropped shit all over the ground when we got in. now they will be notified and can do this much faster its fukn dumb m8.

theres almost no point in sieging other than making someone move from a location (which takes far more than just sieging them) or posting that you sieged them on the forums
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:this update is far from good, notifying someone that theyre being sieged is dumb as fuck.

I disagree. That they are being sieged is readily available knowledge, and I don't think obfuscation of the circumstance should be much of a thing.

All we have done is saved you the trouble of building the "Check-shield-bot".
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby rye130 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 am

Duane wrote:I can't beat down brick walls by hand anymore. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You're missing the point. It is LITERALLY (as in literally literally) impossible to break into a base that is walled with stone towers. Siege engines cannot hurt them, nor bring down their claim shield and they are too hard to be bashed by hand. Fucktard.
rye130

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 am

Even as a city under siege, I concur with the gentlemen here insisting that the brimstone buffer to rebuild village shields are unnecessary.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 am

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Even as a city under siege, I concur with the gentlemen here insisting that the brimstone buffer to rebuild village shields are unnecessary.

How so?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Duane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:55 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
u need to fix the fact that when people are being sieged they altvault everything of value, break everything they cant altvault, and log off their chars until its over. we sieged some koreans who prob werent checking their shield so they didnt have much time to altvault/break everything but they got most of the shit alt vaulted and saw cupboards full of dropped shit all over the ground when we got in. now they will be notified and can do this much faster its fukn dumb m8.

Allow me to direct you to my solution to the problem. Alt-vaulting is cancer, death to the infidels. Add stuff to the game besides siege so I can get back to quality grindan.

Regardless notifying them is inherently NOT THE PROBLEM. Alt-Vaulting is.

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Even as a city under siege, I concur with the gentlemen here insisting that the brimstone buffer to rebuild village shields are unnecessary.

If it's unnecessary, don't do it. Nobody benefits from it a crazy amount. It's a time-buyer, an active method of defense beyond sallying out and getting raped.

jorb wrote:Please motivate your assertions.

He said 'Fukken' so obviously he's wrong by default. Disregard him.
Duane

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements