Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:03 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:i think a nice solution to these problems is while village is being sieged logged in chars can not log out

you really dont see the problem with this statement, this forces all players to join a large faction or know they will inevitably die to a large faction sieging them with nothing they can do. Same with alt vaulting, sucks when a huge faction does it, only line of defense for hermits against large factions. Yes its a problem, but just going from the viewpoint of being in a large faction really skews the idea's your pushing
smileyguy4you

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:04 am

rye130 wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:i think a nice solution to these problems is while village is being sieged logged in chars can not log out

Little harsh cause that would kill any crafters that are logged on when the siege starts. Perhaps being able to steal from hearthfires and characters without hearthfires being unable to log out.

why should ur crafters be fine just cuz youve simply logged out if sieges are going to be so hard to pull off there should be a big reward to it
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:04 am

I can certainly agree that alt-vaulting should probably be made less of a thing, but how?

I mean, we can easy-peasy make hearthfires lootable, fine, but then what?

You can still destroy shit. Dump to ground. Have it decay. Ride away with it. Throw in the water, &c&c.

Just kind of seems as if the changes would have to be fairly draconian to accomplish much.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:05 am

nytro wrote:Personally I would honestly like to see for the next week how the world would go if hearthfires can be looted. It's a quick change, and if turns out to be terrible it can be changed right back.

no, just no, subscription tokens are in hfs
smileyguy4you

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 am

smileyguy4you wrote:
nytro wrote:Personally I would honestly like to see for the next week how the world would go if hearthfires can be looted. It's a quick change, and if turns out to be terrible it can be changed right back.

I assume we're discussing making characters lootable through their hearth fire. I don't think anyone is suggesting to make the store inventory lootable.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 am

smileyguy4you wrote:

you really dont see the problem with this statement, this forces all players to join a large faction or know they will inevitably die to a large faction sieging them with nothing they can do. Same with alt vaulting, sucks when a huge faction does it, only line of defense for hermits against large factions. Yes its a problem, but just going from the viewpoint of being in a large faction really skews the idea's your pushing

i did consider this, but i dont think hermits should be safe from losing shit just because theyre unable to defend themselves if ur a hermit and dont want to be messed with you should be living as far away from people as possible or trying to establish an arrangement with people where theyre not actively trying to raid you. also sieges take time its unlikely for a huge faction to come siege some hermits
ChildhoodObesity

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 am

jorb wrote:I can certainly agree that alt-vaulting should probably be made less of a thing, but how?

I mean, we can easy-peasy make hearthfires lootable, fine, but then what?

You can still destroy shit. Dump to ground. Have it decay. Ride away with it. Throw in the water, &c&c.

Just kind of seems as if the changes would have to be fairly draconian to accomplish much.

if you wanna remove alt vaulting better give hermits/small groups some way to protect their land, as it is they already have no line of defense from a siege
smileyguy4you

Postby Karede » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 am

smileyguy4you wrote:

Not that kind of looting, just their inventory/equipment so that they can't alt-vault it
Karede

Postby smileyguy4you » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
smileyguy4you wrote:

i did consider this, but i dont think hermits should be safe from losing shit just because theyre unable to defend themselves if ur a hermit and dont want to be messed with you should be living as far away from people as possible or trying to establish an arrangement with people where theyre not actively trying to raid you. also sieges take time its unlikely for a huge faction to come siege some hermits

then the world needs to be bigger no where is safe in this world and you know that
smileyguy4you

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 am

smileyguy4you wrote:

What I guess was ment is that you can loot the inventory of the character through the fire...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements