Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: This Little Light O' Mine

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:56 am

jorb wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:this update is far from good, notifying someone that theyre being sieged is dumb as fuck.

I disagree. That they are being sieged is readily available knowledge, and I don't think obfuscation of the circumstance should be much of a thing.

All we have done is saved you the trouble of building the "Check-shield-bot".

i agree with this but a small chance that someone doesnt notice theyre being raided could really make a raid worth it, as i said though theres srsly like no reason to siege someone its stupid af
for example theres a banner in the mine and they dont go in the mine for 12 hours and dont inspect shield. they would never know and the siege would 100% be worth it however now they know the siege is srsly pointless
Last edited by ChildhoodObesity on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby damnredrain » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:56 am

Small pic for the small update.

Still no windmills
damnredrain

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 am

Mate, sieging a city is probably the perfect balance of work/effort required right now. The brimstone reduction will already skew things a bit back towards the more defensible, less spammable.
I do agree with you (and many others) that there should be some efforts taken to reduce alternate claim vaulting.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Onep » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 am

loftar wrote:
Onep wrote:I don't like the repairing shield with brimstone

It should be noted that both the brimstone-to-shield ratio and the charge rate over time are fairly crappy. It can't really be used to counter an active siege; only to recharge a bit faster between repeated attempts.

Yeah that's true. One thing I would've liked to see instead is shield regeneration scaling up while out of siege, and slowing to a standstill while under siege. It felt out of place seeing the shield go up while I was actively taking it down.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jason1982 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 am

would it hurt to make us be able to bash our own wall by hand if on our village clame?
jason1982

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:59 am

i think a nice solution to these problems is while village is being sieged logged in chars can not log out
ChildhoodObesity

Postby nytro » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:00 am

jorb wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:this update is far from good, notifying someone that theyre being sieged is dumb as fuck.

I disagree. That they are being sieged is readily available knowledge, and I don't think obfuscation of the circumstance should be much of a thing.

I'd have to agree with Jorb here. Although ninja-raiding was a useful tactic for the current meta, it would be best to start shying away from that and to get a better situation started.

On a more important though, one of the main reasons raiding is occurring during the off-hours of the enemies is to give them as little time as possible to react, and more specifically, to try and give them as little time as possible to "save" all of their items (or just break everything out of spite before the raiders get to them).

When do you think that issue can be addressed?

Personally I would honestly like to see for the next week how the world would go if hearthfires can be looted. It's a quick change, and if turns out to be terrible it can be changed right back.
Last edited by nytro on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
nytro

Postby rye130 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:02 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:i think a nice solution to these problems is while village is being sieged logged in chars can not log out

Little harsh cause that would kill any crafters that are logged on when the siege starts. Perhaps being able to steal from hearthfires and characters without hearthfires being unable to log out.
rye130

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:02 am

nytro wrote:
jorb wrote:

I'd have to agree with Jorb here. Although ninja-raiding was a useful tactic for the current meta, it would be best to start shying away from that and to get a better situation started.

On a more important though, one of the main reasons raiding is occurring during the off-hours of the enemies is to give them as little time as possible to react, and more specifically, to try and give them as little time as possible to "save" all of their items (or just break everything out of spite before the raiders get to them).

When do you think that issue can be addressed?

i agree with this as well its a shit tactic but its really the only tactic that you could use to benefit from a raid
ChildhoodObesity

Postby nytro » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:03 am

Personally I would honestly like to see for the next week how the world would go if hearthfires can be looted. It's a quick change, and if turns out to be terrible it can be changed right back.
nytro

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements