Game Development: Inbetween

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Inbetween

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 pm

jorb wrote:Under a system like that you are more or less back in the situation where there is an optimal gear setup, and where acquiring that is simply a matter of getting the resources.

So spamming clothes and hoping it doesn't turn out like shit changes that?
DDDsDD999

Postby LadyV » Wed May 11, 2016 9:48 pm

I think it's a nice patch that expands a system that gives us creativity and variety. I can't wait to see how it all ties in with future plans now we can potentially have greater skills values. Will physical attributes be less important and skill more so? Or will both affect quality and outcomes in different ways? Either way i find it to be a nice way to have distinct style and identity. :D
LadyV

Postby Ysh » Wed May 11, 2016 9:53 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
jorb wrote:Under a system like that you are more or less back in the situation where there is an optimal gear setup, and where acquiring that is simply a matter of getting the resources.

So spamming clothes and hoping it doesn't turn out like shit changes that?

No matter what systems you will make, there will always be optimal setup.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hasta » Wed May 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Forik wrote:...how a straw hat required farming to be made, and how it gave you farming points when worn...

Well, so much for that; apparently, straw hat is bowmen signature item now: easliy crafted/recycled/recrafted and has the proper affinity for Heartwood leaves, which makes it a nice choice to grind a high-perception single-slot hat.

I'm not saying I don't like this new system, but I'm definitely gonna miss not seeing all kinds of ridiculous outfits around. As if it weren't enough with all those "jesters" and "pirates" and whatnot...
Hasta

Postby jordancoles » Wed May 11, 2016 9:58 pm

jorb wrote:[*] You can now recycle old completed pieces of equipment. Hold a completed piece of equipment, and right click another completed piece of equipment of the same kind. The item held will be consumed to repair the clicked item. Your final product will be one item of that type, with a clean slot, and with qualities averaged. You then roll once for each gilding in either of the pieces of equipment -- chance being half of what your normal chance to gild the item would be -- if you succeed you keep the gilding as slotted into the new end product, and failing that you have another chance (50%) to keep the gilding as a loose, available, gilding.

tl;dr
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby iamahh » Wed May 11, 2016 10:06 pm

If variety of looks is the goal maybe remove the attributes from equation, making clothes and gild items neutral, otherwise sets will tend to look the same based on which is the best attribute.

Increasing the costs accomplishes nothing of value, the game is huge already, artificial barries breaks the nice feel of the world.
iamahh

Postby Redlaw » Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Plus I am not spamming gear for that mythical 2nd slot burning threw my resources to make a double set of everything on everything. I mean that extra slot is cool, but not having it is not the end of the world either.

But I guese in some ways I am just causal scum or what not.

But I cannot wait to see how they change things over time. This is very fun as is.
Redlaw

Postby tyrtix » Thu May 12, 2016 12:01 am

even me, as noob as i am, have some spare clothing resources, and actually have made a decent survival set for my noobyness: have 2 nettle pants with both +3 taproot and +3/+3 patch, that made me free a pair of slots for more perception bonuses...
I also made my first silken ribbon and going for the second one :3
tyrtix

Postby lachlaan » Thu May 12, 2016 12:38 am

My question is ...is it possible to get two of the same gildables into a piece of clothing with the repair mechanic? Or does having both clothes gilded only double your odds of keeping the old gildables in there? Because if it's the former, that'd make for some pretty neat gear possibilities.
lachlaan

Postby Glorthan » Thu May 12, 2016 1:53 am

The current system doesn't permit diversity either: the optimal gear setup has shifted from what gave good stats to which item on a slot you can spam at a reasonable quality the most easily - straw hats, linen clothes, etc.

After this gilding update all my characters with gilded items are all wearing the same outfit, whereas before they were much more varied. A deterministic slot system (fixed or based on quality) with bonuses based on affinity would allow much more diversity, imo. Also, it's not like all gilds are trivial to get: for example rock crystals. If you want rare equipment, then just make rare materials give the best gildings, rock crystals are frequently half a sub token each.
Glorthan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements