Game Development: Inbetween

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Inbetween

Postby Smoopadoop » Thu May 12, 2016 7:51 am

As it has been said before in the thread, perhaps it should be that gildslots are based on quality and not prayers to random number jesus.

(avgQ/10) slots? Or less, idunno. Do whatever
MODS ARE ASLEEP POST SMALL BART
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Smoopadoop

Postby Denkar » Thu May 12, 2016 7:56 am

Whether I like this system or not - it feels like you're trying to fix something that was not broken.
Denkar

Postby nezhit » Thu May 12, 2016 8:37 am

sabinati wrote:ok but i have more than adequate linen production. half a cupboard of teddy bears and five piles of wool. i'm on level 5 and have piles of leather and cupboards full of wax.

The only thing you did not have in abundnce were cork oak seeds, yeah, we got it.
nezhit

Postby Thedrah » Thu May 12, 2016 9:56 am

gild changes do seem an off the wall change that is still young imo
rng sucks btw. can we atleast get a max slots and higher %? but i doubt you would change it now... so, what is the % based off of? such as the boot symbol, i assume agility to apply it. how much agility would i need to get the max %? 300/330?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Undefined » Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 am

Echoing statements that it doesn't promote diversity really. It promotes matching affinities with gilds to maximize chances which generally result in the same pieces of equipment being produced.

Overall I actually like the system, I dislike the RNG and affinity system however. I also feel it needs a lot of expansion when it comes to number of gildings/strength of gildings available. Taking the slot randomness away would be a good step, the grind/progression would be in increasing Q and improving gildings themselves fairly frequently, the clothes they attach to rather infrequently.
Undefined

Postby Itanu » Thu May 12, 2016 10:55 am

Smoopadoop wrote:(avgQ/10) slots?

Lmao. Can't wait for my 20 slot shirt...
If it were to scale with q, it would be something like sqrt(q/10), like everything else that scales.
Itanu

Postby Potjeh » Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Scaling slots with q would be too much, scaling bonus with gear/gilding q is plenty.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby riker88 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks for the update !
riker88

Postby tweinst » Thu May 12, 2016 7:44 pm

Would a system that allowed you to directly add slots to an item, but with an exponentially increasing materials cost make people happier?

One way to do this is that each item could have a slotability number, and you need to combine that many identical items with full slots to add a new slot. For example, Linen shirt might have a slotability number of 5. Each shirt would start with one slot and you could put, say a metal buttons in there. If you have 5 linen shirts with metal buttons, you could combine them to make a linen shirt with a metal buttons in the first slot, and one more empty slot. Then you could add, say, a patterned embroidery to the second slot. Make 5 of those and you can combine them to make a linen shirt with metal buttons, patterned embroidery and a 3rd empty lot. Continue until madness is achieved.

One tweak of this might be that it takes double the number of items if any of the gildings don't match the item's affinity.
tweinst

Postby Fallencido » Thu May 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Why not make it so quality of the equipment determines the number of slots instead of RGN, also make it less overpowered, there was many MC gilds already.
Also this is not the best way to make ppl use diferent clothes, now ppl will use easily spamable clothes. :(
Fallencido

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements