Game Development: Sonic Youth

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Sonic Youth

Postby Onep » Tue May 17, 2016 11:19 pm

DaniAngione wrote:
Onep wrote:Satiations are still garbage. Combat discoveries still retarded.

If you fire at an object covered by a Private Claim and a Village Claim, you will target the private Claim's Shield.

So, if you cover your village in a pclaim, they have to take the pclaim down before they can damage the village?

I think not, because it was stated that if the p-claim is down, the village claim won't shield it... So technically if the whole village is under the p-claim, the whole village can be damaged and the v-shield will be useless.

Unless you just declaimed the pclaim once it goes down. If it doesn't damage both it's worthless.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Scruffy » Tue May 17, 2016 11:19 pm

When are the hedgehog hutches being implemented
[3:31:54 PM] Dāvis: ye, theres some times you go upwards in your situations and theres times when you go downwards
Scruffy

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 pm

Onep wrote:So, if you cover your village in a pclaim, they have to take the pclaim down before they can damage the village?

No. The entire point is that you only ever have to take one of them down. If the entire village is covered by a pclaim, and you take down the shield of that pclaim, the vclaim won't apply.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Onep » Tue May 17, 2016 11:21 pm

jorb wrote:
Onep wrote:So, if you cover your village in a pclaim, they have to take the pclaim down before they can damage the village?

No. The entire point is that you only ever have to take one of them down. If the entire village is covered by a pclaim, and you take down the shield of that pclaim, the vclaim won't apply.

But what if I just declaim my pclaim after they get it down? Is my village shield still at full?

Onep

Postby DaniAngione » Tue May 17, 2016 11:21 pm

Onep wrote:Unless you just declaimed the pclaim once it goes down. If it doesn't damage both it's worthless.

Oh, true, that's a thing.

People can just wait until the p-claim is almost down and declaim it, having double shields.

Easy/possible fix:

Can't declaim P-claims that have their shields damaged or null.
Last edited by DaniAngione on Tue May 17, 2016 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 11:21 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:I assume you can't aggro horses and punch them to dismount?

That has always been possible?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 11:23 pm

Onep wrote:But what if I just declaim my pclaim after they get it down? Is my village shield still at full?

Myeah, I guess that's a thing. That assumes no other pclaims in the village, doe, and I would perhaps not be adverse to making it so that declaiming a damaged pclaim transfers damage to the vclaim, if you really want to go there.

jorb

Postby Onep » Tue May 17, 2016 11:24 pm

jorb wrote:
Onep wrote:But what if I just declaim my pclaim after they get it down? Is my village shield still at full?

Myeah, I guess that's a thing. That assumes no other pclaims in the village, doe, and I would perhaps not be adverse to making it so that declaiming a damaged pclaim transfers damage to the vclaim, if you really want to go there.

Large villages wouldn't be able to abuse it, but small villages that could easily be covered in one claim will definitely be able to abuse it. Or certain villages composed of lots of little villages....

Onep

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Potjeh wrote:Nice update. But no gilding changes in the pipe? Do you think it's just fine as it is?

Just fine is saying a lot. There are things I dislike. Spamming the same OP gilds in everything, for example.

jorb

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 11:25 pm

Onep wrote:Large villages wouldn't be able to abuse it, but small villages that could easily be covered in one claim will definitely be able to abuse it. Or certain villages composed of lots of little villages....

By all means assume that you have found the optimal layout, and please invest heavily into it.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements