Game Development: Sonic Youth

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Sonic Youth

Postby SacreDoom » Tue May 17, 2016 11:14 pm

ATHF wrote:Image

Which biome did you find it in?
SacreDoom

Postby Ysh » Tue May 17, 2016 11:14 pm

jorb wrote:There is now an option to dismount riders from their horses. If you are unmounted yourself, and can get close enough, you can dismount a rider by right-clicking the horse, and choosing "Dismount Rider", quite simply. You need at least half the strength of the rider to accomplish this, and if the rider is dismounted he is also stunned for a few seconds, longer depending on which angle you dismounted him from. Short stun when approaching the rider head on, medium stun from the sides, and long from behind. The horse has some chance of fleeing when a rider is dismounted in this fashion."

This has casting time or is instant?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm

SacreDoom wrote:

Forest biome, like rabbits.

And grassland.
Last edited by Jacobian123 on Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Burinn » Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm

SacreDoom wrote:

It says literally in the OP where to find them.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby rye130 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 pm

jorb wrote:Retain the idea of combat discoveries.

For the love of god no unless they are heavily reworked or you can describe them to another player. I enjoyed combat discoveries when the first world started and they actually felt like discoveries, but after doing them once I never wanted to have to deal with them again. We botted getting them on animals to avoid the ridiculous tedium and unfunness of the system but then you removed that from being possible :(
rye130

Postby Onep » Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Satiations are still garbage. Combat discoveries still retarded.

If you fire at an object covered by a Private Claim and a Village Claim, you will target the private Claim's Shield.

So, if you cover your village in a pclaim, they have to take the pclaim down before they can damage the village?
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby SacreDoom » Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Burinn wrote:
SacreDoom wrote:

It says literally in the OP where to find them.

I was asking about what specific forest or grass biome it was.
SacreDoom

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 pm

jorb wrote:There is now an option to dismount riders from their horses. If you are unmounted yourself, and can get close enough, you can dismount a rider by right-clicking the horse, and choosing "Dismount Rider", quite simply. You need at least half the strength of the rider to accomplish this, and if the rider is dismounted he is also stunned for a few seconds, longer depending on which angle you dismounted him from. Short stun when approaching the rider head on, medium stun from the sides, and long from behind. The horse has some chance of fleeing when a rider is dismounted in this fashion.

I assume you can't aggro horses and punch them to dismount? And that this change is to prevent rage alts from dismounting people with sprint speed horses?
DDDsDD999

Postby DaniAngione » Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Onep wrote:Satiations are still garbage. Combat discoveries still retarded.

If you fire at an object covered by a Private Claim and a Village Claim, you will target the private Claim's Shield.

So, if you cover your village in a pclaim, they have to take the pclaim down before they can damage the village?

I think not, because it was stated that if the p-claim is down, the village claim won't shield it... So technically if the whole village is under the p-claim, the whole village can be damaged and the v-shield will be useless.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby jorb » Tue May 17, 2016 11:19 pm

rye130 wrote:For the love of god no unless they are heavily reworked or you can describe them to another player. I enjoyed combat discoveries when the first world started and they actually felt like discoveries, but after doing them once I never wanted to have to deal with them again. We botted getting them on animals to avoid the ridiculous tedium and unfunness of the system but then you removed that from being possible :(

I wouldn't mind teaching them being possible.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements