Game Development: Approaches to Combat pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Approaches to Combat pt. II

Postby colesfighter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:hey bro the test servers cool and all but how about u just fukn lower some of the archery values or something so we can actually play the real game......................

for real though idk why ur so eager to change reg combat while leaving archery, archery is completely broken whereas the other system is completely fine and some people just dislike it.

i and many ppl cud give less of a shit about these test server updates when we can hardly play the real game because all our work can disappear in 2 seconds without any way to defend it xdddd pls just fix this shit already

i love the new updates this is jsut like legecy and taking away color codes is perfect nerf archery and boom this game is great
colesfighter

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:18 am

colesfighter wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:hey bro the test servers cool and all but how about u just fukn lower some of the archery values or something so we can actually play the real game......................

for real though idk why ur so eager to change reg combat while leaving archery, archery is completely broken whereas the other system is completely fine and some people just dislike it.

i and many ppl cud give less of a shit about these test server updates when we can hardly play the real game because all our work can disappear in 2 seconds without any way to defend it xdddd pls just fix this shit already

i love the new updates this is jsut like legecy and taking away color codes is perfect nerf archery and boom this game is great

yea the new updates are cool but theyre small as fuck, its cool to see a new combat system but archery is a much bigger problem and the game is unplayable with this shit so instead of fixing a test server which will delay them putting the next system by atleast another week they should just fix the actual fucking game so ppl who arent archers or even archers as well can go fight and leave their walls without knowing if they see an archer everything they work 4 is gone.

i dont want 2 sound like an asshole but srsly these updates are small as fuck and considering u guys do this as a fulltime job you would think we would see a bit more than some shit on a test server which will just keep delaying proper updates until they find a system that ppl seem to like. many ppl find the current system fine anyways but NO ONE thinks archerys ok

btw yes i em aware xd "loftar does all coding alone!!!" loftar is a god but still why should people continue paying for shit like this I LOVE LOSING MY CHAR INSTANTLY AND IT NOT BEING FIXED AT ALL EVEN THO EVERYONE THINKS ITS BULLSHIT
Last edited by ChildhoodObesity on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby colesfighter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:19 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
colesfighter wrote:

yea the new updates are cool but theyre small as fuck, its cool to see a new combat system but archery is a much bigger problem and the game is unplayable with this shit so instead of fixing a test server which will delay them putting the next system by atleast another week they should just fix the actual fucking game so ppl who arent archers or even archers as well can go fight and leave their walls without knowing if they see an archer everything they work 4 is gone.

youd have to be stupid to die to an archer atm lol doesnt really need a fix that bad
colesfighter

Postby Onep » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:21 am

colesfighter wrote:youd have to be stupid to die to an archer atm lol doesnt really need a fix that bad

You're fucking dumb. Nice b8
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby roboboy33 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:35 am

Pretty much everyone I fought agrees on these:

• Buff Parry
  • Fix Shield Up (Doesn't seem to do anything at all)
  • Nerf Quick Dodge
  • Increase Hunker Down's cooldown
Do this and then I'd be happy with the new combat being pushed to the main server.
what the fuck say
roboboy33

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:56 am

roboboy33 wrote:Fix Shield Up (Doesn't seem to do anything at all)

It increases your defence's weight. It's pretty small though and deserves a buff.
DDDsDD999

Postby Dakutis » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:58 am

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

Changes pushed to the real server
-------------------------------
  • Natural resources now inform you, upon inspection, of the time left until their next resource spawn.

Enjoy!

So if we don't interesting in combat system, we get for 1 month only this? That's very cool. :(
Dakutis

Postby stickman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:22 am

some initial findings:

something seems wrong with sting... from 100% offence it takes off like 20% of your targets defence. seems like the weight is calculated against the 50% offence number???

5 points in yield ground and it seemed TERRIBLE.. like a couple %offence for loosing your whole defence bar.

unlike others I thought hunker downs cooldown was too long. you could easily get 2 full 100% punches in with flex before the cooldown elapsed. I only fought my brother though.
stickman

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:28 am

stickman wrote:some initial findings:

something seems wrong with sting... from 100% offence it takes off like 20% of your targets defence. seems like the weight is calculated against the 50% offence number???

5 points in yield ground and it seemed TERRIBLE.. like a couple %offence for loosing your whole defence bar.

unlike others I thought hunker downs cooldown was too long. you could easily get 2 full 100% punches in with flex before the cooldown elapsed. I only fought my brother though.

Sting and yield ground seem pretty bad yeah.

If you use hunker down when moving it's pretty busted. Use it then clip someone and you're back to full. I say raise the cooldown a bit and increase the IP cost so someone who spams it can be IP-drained.
DDDsDD999

Postby stickman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:05 am

i would also like to point out that i still hate the offense/defence bars.

some people seem to like legacy combat which was just opportunity knocks and few times and then attack... no one was standing toe to toe flexing/sliding or using any of those other moves at all. so everyone was basically trying to bypass the bars anyway.
stickman

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements