Game Development: Approaches to Combat pt. II

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Approaches to Combat pt. II

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:31 am

stickman wrote:no one was standing toe to toe flexing/sliding or using any of those other moves at all

thats because devs couldn't fix melee range for 3 years
anyone could break combat any moment by simply clicking in opposite direction
in w6 however when it was dangerous to do so there was a lot of standing combat going on

btw yield ground doesn't work at all fix pls
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby siluendor » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:04 am

overcomplicated abomination of hnh1 & hafen , i bet this is going to shave more folks off the game..
skills are not enough tooltipped and combat feels really clunky with other spammming flex and the other spamming hunkerdown.
this is like mexican standout at its best bullshit form.

playing untill i get killed and after that no need to look back , that is how im starting to feel about haven, would i recomend this game. Not even in seventh hell, devs are only listening folks who whines bout fighting and rest of game content gets ignored. Now that they are pushing this bs abomination , i feel less sinpired to recomend this game to anyone.

trying to fight was like trying to eat bucketfull of vomit...
Siluendor , LS of Redlight District
siluendor

Postby LadyGoo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:11 am

siluendor wrote:devs are only listening folks who whines bout fighting and rest of game content gets ignored.
I wonder whether there are any threads with your suggestions in the Critics forum.

The majority of the proposals that are non-pvp related are either: a) retarded; b) stockpiles; c) something that requires a world wipe.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:13 am

siluendor wrote:overcomplicated abomination of hnh1 & hafen , i bet this is going to shave more folks off the game..
skills are not enough tooltipped and combat feels really clunky with other spammming flex and the other spamming hunkerdown.
this is like mexican standout at its best bullshit form.

playing untill i get killed and after that no need to look back , that is how im starting to feel about haven, would i recomend this game. Not even in seventh hell, devs are only listening folks who whines bout fighting and rest of game content gets ignored. Now that they are pushing this bs abomination , i feel less sinpired to recomend this game to anyone.

trying to fight was like trying to eat bucketfull of vomit...

tbh theyre not even listening to people regarding combat, xddd how long have we been waiting for an archery fix 3months??? XDDDDDDDDDDD
although this new combat system they added in is very easy 2 learn i had a pretty good grip on it in like 2mins and was fine for my 1st spar. the system wud be pretty good with quickdodge fix/yieldground/hunkerdown im not sure about the sword/shield skills tho
ChildhoodObesity

Postby y00 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:14 am

siluendor wrote:playing untill i get killed and after that no need to look back , that is how im starting to feel about haven,

I would like the perma-death thing to get changed all together, give us more lives before we perma-die. I bet you would see a lot more pvp and people actually try to play the game instead of being afraid all the time to die off some bugged fight or mistake because they simply did not know the fight mechanics too well.

That being said - i think it's good to point all energy towards solving one thing of the game before jumping to the next...put as much time in it as necessary and once it is ok, never touch it again....
y00

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:20 am

LadyGoo wrote:
siluendor wrote:devs are only listening folks who whines bout fighting and rest of game content gets ignored.
I wonder whether there are any threads with your suggestions in the Critics forum.

The majority of the proposals that are non-pvp related are either: a) retarded; b) stockpiles; c) something that requires a world wipe.

theres a lot of good stuff ppl suggest tho and the typical response is "will consider" or someone reports a bug and theyre like "oh hardly a bug xD" even tho its fukn ridiculous
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:38 am

We are aware that archery is crazy right now. We intend to change it. Generally speaking I want to reduce damage but increase accuracy.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:44 am

jorb wrote:We are aware that archery is crazy right now. We intend to change it. Generally speaking I want to reduce damage but increase accuracy.

better reduce aiming speed
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby boreial » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:58 am

jorb wrote:We are aware that archery is crazy right now. We intend to change it. Generally speaking I want to reduce damage but increase accuracy.

As long as the change involves some sort of damage reduction based on armor I'm all for a reduced damage theory, However reducing it too much overall will certainly affect hunting so please keep that in mind when making your planned changes.

Please and Thank You :)
boreial

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:01 am

melee damage is too low already
with the new system it takes just one slide to block a 100% attack cleave
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements