Game Development: Bagpipe Brawl

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bagpipe Brawl

Postby Onep » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:00 am

Do we have to go discover all this garbage still? Because combat discoveries are fucking tedious to get.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:00 am

SeventhSandwich wrote:Was that an overnight development or just good timing?

The former.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:01 am

Onep wrote:Do we have to go discover all this garbage still? Because combat discoveries are fucking tedious to get.

No, they are not. They are just fine. What is perhaps not as fun is having to get them several times for multiple characters. I have stated previously that we are not alien to adding some way of teaching/writing down moves in the same way that discoveries can be shared, and were we to do that you, being a reasonable character, would recognize how combat discoveries are, indeed, just fine.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Onep » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:05 am

jorb wrote:No, they are not. They are just fine. What is perhaps not as fun is having to get them several times for multiple characters. I have stated previously that we are not alien to adding some way of teaching/writing down moves in the same way that discoveries can be shared, and were we to do that you, being a reasonable character, would recognize how combat discoveries are, indeed, just fine.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't boil down to spamming take aim 20x, seeing nothing, and then killing the animal. I always think "but what if it's at 21...?" I dunno, maybe there's a better way to go about it. Teaching it would be stellar too.

Also, there's the inevitable time when you miss the discovery because you're just zoned out mashing take aim.

What if it was instead something akin to a progress bar? Kill 20 animals via chop to unlock sting, 20 animals with sting to get cleave? That way you could at least actively see yourself progress. I always like to be able to physically see progress. It's rather satisfying.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Hasta » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:09 am

Okay, I'm not sure about ALL attacks having %AP on test server; but bagpipes are really cool. They even hang on a wall... you know, properly. Not inside-out or upside down or how it usually is with new things. And they do have their sounds working more smoothly due to that background humming you get when you equip a bagpipe (nice touch!).
Hasta

Postby Bowshot125 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 am

Wtb Between the eyes range card for 30% armor penetration
Bowshot125

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:12 am

I think that the nerf for aiming speed while mounted will remove archery completly from pvp, thats too much imo.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Astarisk » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:24 am

I don't see Sidestep on the test server, did you forget to add that in =o?
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby AbsK » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:28 am

I appreciate archery was OP for pvp, but now it's taking forever to hunt a boar, not to mention that there's now no chance i can one shot a deer anymore. To counteract this please make animals run slower once hurt, as this would make hunting with a bow a little easier as now it is much more difficult. Also it makes sense that injured animals run slower.
AbsK

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:30 am

AbsK wrote:I appreciate archery was OP for pvp, but now it's taking forever to hunt a boar, not to mention that there's now no chance i can one shot a deer anymore. To counteract this please make animals run slower once hurt, as this would make hunting with a bow a little easier as now it is much more difficult. Also it makes sense that injured animals run slower.

They should just lower the damage only for PVP and let noobs hunt in peace lol
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements