Game Development: Loose Ends

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Ends

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:46 am

Developers, charter stones need some attention. Right now there's too big gap between people who don't have charter stones and those who have. I think the fact that rock crystals are being sold for subtokens is bad sign, and then you added the option to gild rock crystals, increasing their demand even further.

If I was tasked with "fixing" this, I'd have two ideas.

1) Make Rock Crystal fated forageable, available on all mountains.
+simple(tm) no map wipe needed
-people who have claimed rock crystal nodes may rage
-could cause oversupply if people make enough alts that fill requirements to see crystals

2) Add rock crystal node on every mountain. Some of them will have crystals on them. When you gather crystal, it will respawn after a timer into a random mountain.
+retains certain sense of what current node system aimed for, especially if nodes would have some indicator that rock crystal is about to spawn.
-chance that map wipe is needed
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby algorithm » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:44 am

vatas wrote:Developers, charter stones need some attention. Right now there's too big gap between people who don't have charter stones and those who have. I think the fact that rock crystals are being sold for subtokens is bad sign, and then you added the option to gild rock crystals, increasing their demand even further.

If I was tasked with "fixing" this, I'd have two ideas.

1) Make Rock Crystal fated forageable, available on all mountains.
+simple(tm) no map wipe needed
-people who have claimed rock crystal nodes may rage
-could cause oversupply if people make enough alts that fill requirements to see crystals

2) Add rock crystal node on every mountain. Some of them will have crystals on them. When you gather crystal, it will respawn after a timer into a random mountain.
+retains certain sense of what current node system aimed for, especially if nodes would have some indicator that rock crystal is about to spawn.
-chance that map wipe is needed

I have no RC, but it's ok for me and i know about few unclaimed around, but no time to check it every day, even with current inspection system.
But solution can be easier than proposed - just block claims over nodes from gaining authority.
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

Postby dzielny_wojownik » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:53 am

tested the combat, mc combat doesnt seem to be useless anymore, no such thing as impossible to win fights anymore
works good right now just fix the horses now and the combat is done
There was a wise soviet conscript that was surrounded by the enemy on the battle of Stalingrad. A mortar shot teared his pants apart causing a big hole in his pants right on his right butt cheek. He felt a glorious cold ass breeze of wind on his butt cheek, like it would be sent by stalin himself, he said - hide your butts
dzielny_wojownik

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

dzielny_wojownik wrote:just fix the horses

Listening to all suggestions to changes. Still slightly uncertain as to what the problematic/broken scenarios are.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:18 am

jorb wrote:

Listening to all suggestions to changes. Still slightly uncertain as to what the problematic/broken scenarios are.

The main one being that you can simply close gaps with horses in no time at all lol

You can be 40 tiles ahead of someone on foot but the attacker is able to close the gap between you within seconds of coming into render.
It doesn't really matter if the victim can dismount the person on the horse when they are in melee range, if they aren't looking for combat at the time or if they are locked into an awkward deck then they're just sort of fucked. And this is just in 1v1 scenarios. The person who starts out on the horse has the main advantage because they get to decide when to enter combat with you, and they can simply agro you and hover on screen until their buds arrive.

If you add more people on horses to the scenario then you'll have people on horses running ahead to create signpost barricades or to position boats, or w/e.

You could make it so that you're dismounted when you enter combat with someone, but that would just be abused anyways because one person would enter combat after they've closed the gap while the others would ride ahead and box you in on all sides before initiating combat

Idk man, when you fuck with movement speeds ganks just become a million times easier, which is why any sort of movement slowing abilities or runspeed buffs in combat would be op as fuck
Last edited by jordancoles on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby dzielny_wojownik » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 am

also jorb, could you fix field cairns, because people are heavily abusing them in sieges, it makes it impossible to siege one.
People build field cairns, give vandal permissions to everyone so its impossible to take shield off the village claim
There was a wise soviet conscript that was surrounded by the enemy on the battle of Stalingrad. A mortar shot teared his pants apart causing a big hole in his pants right on his right butt cheek. He felt a glorious cold ass breeze of wind on his butt cheek, like it would be sent by stalin himself, he said - hide your butts
dzielny_wojownik

Postby Zeler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:23 am

jorb wrote:

Maybe make it so that being close to aggroed person (so it also affects people trying to block) limit mounted speed? Not perfect suggestion, but maybe a bit better to just dismounting combatants.
Zeler

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:32 am

dzielny_wojownik wrote:also jorb, could you fix field cairns, because people are heavily abusing them in sieges, it makes it impossible to siege one.
People build field cairns, give vandal permissions to everyone so its impossible to take shield off the village claim

Yeah, I've figured. Wasn't sure if it was a big deal, but we'll look at it since we can't have nice things and of course it is.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 pm

jorb wrote:what the problematic/broken scenarios are.

when you run out of pony power
that's a big one
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Astarisk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:
jorb wrote:what the problematic/broken scenarios are.

when you run out of pony power
that's a big one

How's that any different than say, running out of hunger while running?
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements