Game Development: Loose Ends

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Ends

Postby Zeler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Astarisk wrote:
Pan_w_okularach wrote:
jorb wrote:what the problematic/broken scenarios are.

when you run out of pony power
that's a big one

How's that any different than say, running out of hunger while running?

You can eat. Horses can't.
Zeler

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Astarisk wrote:
Pan_w_okularach wrote:
jorb wrote:what the problematic/broken scenarios are.

when you run out of pony power
that's a big one

How's that any different than say, running out of hunger while running?

because it doesn't happen in a span of 60 seconds?
dying of starvation used to take more than 1 hour of intense running, if horses worked the same way you would have the time to run back to your base or get help
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Astarisk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:47 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:because it doesn't happen in a span of 60 seconds?
dying of starvation used to take more than 1 hour of intense running, if horses worked the same way you would have the time to run back to your base or get help

So, as soon as the pony power is gone, you all just give up and go home? Both sides agree the fight ends?
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Zeler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Astarisk wrote:

So, as soon as the pony power is gone, you all just give up and go home? Both sides agree the fight ends?

Actually no - one side dies.
Zeler

Postby ydex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Astarisk wrote:

lol this was very cute.

pls do find a sollution to horses in combat tho guys :)
bold
ydex

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Astarisk wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Igoe_73f0
thats what happens next selective memory loss bro xD?
note that you couldn't survive for so long with the new combat
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:36 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:
Astarisk wrote:

He wouldnt survive for so long if people knew what "just punch" means xdd
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Astarisk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:
Astarisk wrote:

With the ability to now dismount people, that video would look a lot different than now x]
I'm just trying to help you form an actual argument about problems, but it seems you don't really have one.

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 pm

jorb wrote:You can still hurt and knock the horse out.

Astarisk wrote:With the ability to now dismount people, that video would look a lot different than now x]

You probably don't see that you still will be able to sting the horse once and it will be dead, it will be a bit better with the new combat system, but still in a like 7vs5 scenario so with slight numbers adventage that will make outnumbered side run away, 2 people can sting someones horse at the same time and he will probably go straight down and the other mounted people that didn't waste attack can kill the guy whose horse got knocked instantly. A good change would be if you could only knock out enemy horses while dismounted,imo.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Astarisk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:You can still hurt and knock the horse out.

Astarisk wrote:With the ability to now dismount people, that video would look a lot different than now x]

You probably don't see that you still will be able to sting the horse once and it will be dead, it will be a bit better with the new combat system, but still in a like 7vs5 scenario so with slight numbers adventage that will make outnumbered side run away, 2 people can sting someones horse at the same time and he will probably go straight down and the other mounted people that didn't waste attack can kill the guy whose horse got knocked instantly. A good change would be if you could only knock out enemy horses while dismounted,imo.

Naw, I see issues and what not just fine, I'm just not really interjecting what I think about horses here atm, I'd rather see things play out in game before deciding if it really is a problem (Not a fan of armchair theory talk). Like the fight at brodgar we had earlier this world, we had quite a few people lose horses on our side but not get instant downed like a lot of posts want to claim would happen.

However, when jorb goes ahead and says:
jorb wrote: Listening to all suggestions to changes. Still slightly uncertain as to what the problematic/broken scenarios are.

I'd rather see people post actual problems and scenarios like Coles and you did, instead of half baked responses with no real depth.

Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements