Game Development: Loose Ends

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Ends

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:You can still hurt and knock the horse out.

Astarisk wrote:With the ability to now dismount people, that video would look a lot different than now x]

You probably don't see that you still will be able to sting the horse once and it will be dead, it will be a bit better with the new combat system, but still in a like 7vs5 scenario so with slight numbers adventage that will make outnumbered side run away, 2 people can sting someones horse at the same time and he will probably go straight down and the other mounted people that didn't waste attack can kill the guy whose horse got knocked instantly. A good change would be if you could only knock out enemy horses while dismounted,imo.

you don't have to be dismounted even
if you're out of pony power and your enemies are not (because you had to sprint earlier or because some of them just entered the fight) they can still surround you easily
under the new combat you can't just put another parry after you got hit, so if just 3 guys cleave you at the same time it's going to knock you down
but what are the arguments for leaving pony power as it is? what horrible abuse does it prevent from happening? no idea
Astarisk wrote:I'd rather see people post actual problems and scenarios like Coles and you did

ok real scenario
you run into a group of 5 people while on foraging routine
2 of them start sprinting in your direction others are going on 3rd speed
your actions?
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby dzielny_wojownik » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Astarisk wrote:
Pan_w_okularach wrote:
Astarisk wrote:because it doesn't happen in a span of 60 seconds?
dying of starvation used to take more than 1 hour of intense running, if horses worked the same way you would have the time to run back to your base or get help

So, as soon as the pony power is gone, you all just give up and go home? Both sides agree the fight ends?

With the ability to now dismount people, that video would look a lot different than now x]

with the new combat you wouldnt have survived even half of the time you survived there because of the defense bars even with the dismount thing . all it would take is 3 hits x]]]]]
There was a wise soviet conscript that was surrounded by the enemy on the battle of Stalingrad. A mortar shot teared his pants apart causing a big hole in his pants right on his right butt cheek. He felt a glorious cold ass breeze of wind on his butt cheek, like it would be sent by stalin himself, he said - hide your butts
dzielny_wojownik

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:35 pm

dzielny_wojownik wrote:with the new combat you wouldnt have survived even half of the time you survived there because of the defense bars even with the dismount thing . all it would take is 3 hits x]]]]]

not that I'm trying to argue one guy should be able to survive a group like that but that makes the new combat sound pretty shit if you ask me
Kaios

Postby Zeler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:37 pm

Kaios wrote:
dzielny_wojownik wrote:with the new combat you wouldnt have survived even half of the time you survived there because of the defense bars even with the dismount thing . all it would take is 3 hits x]]]]]

not that I'm trying to argue one guy should be able to survive a group like that but that makes the new combat sound pretty shit if you ask me

I can't agree with that. Letting 5+ people connect to you at the same time should always mean death.
Zeler

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:45 pm

You're right it should work that way but it didn't look like 5+ were all hitting him at the same time to me it looks more like one or two at the most hitting him consecutively until he decided to walk in to the swamp for some reason which gave the chance to surround him a little better
Kaios

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:46 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Reduced the aim penalty from being mounted from 50% to 75%.

imo using a horse should have a price instead of giving double bonus
MadNomad

Postby dzielny_wojownik » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Kaios wrote:

believe it or not most of the guys with decent stats we have ganked only took a 1 hit, because when they focus on running they forget to set the defence up for a second so its 1 hit instead of 3 hits heh, so I don't know which option is even better.

Astarisk wrote:Naw, I see issues and what not just fine, I'm just not really interjecting what I think about horses here atm, I'd rather see things play out in game before deciding if it really is a problem (Not a fan of armchair theory talk). Like the fight at brodgar we had earlier this world, we had quite a few people lose horses on our side but not get instant downed like a lot of posts want to claim would happen.

It has been pretty much 4 months with horses and you really want them to take another few months for them to fix the issue even its acknowledged long time ago? I think most of us would like to get it fixed as fast as possible

and about brodgar, you had almost the same numbers, we are talking more about ganking point of view, because if the ganker's side has better q horses or people come with fresh horses when the chased one's horse is tired, you're basically dead. It's pretty stupid that whomever has grinded better q better horses can determines the winner, everyone should have the same movement speed.
Last edited by dzielny_wojownik on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There was a wise soviet conscript that was surrounded by the enemy on the battle of Stalingrad. A mortar shot teared his pants apart causing a big hole in his pants right on his right butt cheek. He felt a glorious cold ass breeze of wind on his butt cheek, like it would be sent by stalin himself, he said - hide your butts
dzielny_wojownik

Postby Kaios » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:57 pm

dzielny_wojownik wrote:believe it or not most of the guys with decent stats we have ganked only took a 1 hit, because when they focus on running they forget to set the defence up for a second so its 1 hit instead of 3 hits heh, so I don't know which option is even better.

I can believe it. Sounds kind of strange that focusing on running would cause that to happen though. In my case trying to focus on running and gaining IP while attempting to maintain defenses is what caused me to fuck up, if I had just focused on running and surviving instead of gaining IP to attack back it might have turned out slightly better in my case. In my opinion players should not have to make the choice between maintaining defenses or gaining IP and fighting, it should be possible to do both.
Kaios

Postby LadyGoo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:48 pm

jorb wrote:
dzielny_wojownik wrote:also jorb, could you fix field cairns, because people are heavily abusing them in sieges, it makes it impossible to siege one.
People build field cairns, give vandal permissions to everyone so its impossible to take shield off the village claim

Yeah, I've figured. Wasn't sure if it was a big deal, but we'll look at it since we can't have nice things and of course it is.

It is not a big deal, since you can place the catapults close to the walls and shoot with them. If the village turns the vandal on, their pali will get destroyed.
The only reason AD are crying is because they build siege idols next to a village claim and place a house, that they gonna shoot in a complete safety. The defenders cannot get rid of the sieging party, because they turtle up in their siege palisade with full shield idol.
People have to spend sleepless nights to stay awake and defend their village, while the attackers can just afk. I am not even pointing out how the game have turned into "patrol 5 minimaps from your walls every day".
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby dzielny_wojownik » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 pm

LadyGoo wrote:
jorb wrote:
dzielny_wojownik wrote:also jorb, could you fix field cairns, because people are heavily abusing them in sieges, it makes it impossible to siege one.
People build field cairns, give vandal permissions to everyone so its impossible to take shield off the village claim

Yeah, I've figured. Wasn't sure if it was a big deal, but we'll look at it since we can't have nice things and of course it is.

It is not a big deal, since you can place the catapults close to the walls and shoot with them. If the village turns the vandal on, their pali will get destroyed.
The only reason AD are crying is because they build siege idols next to a village claim and place a house, that they gonna shoot in a complete safety. The defenders cannot get rid of the sieging party, because they turtle up in their siege palisade with full shield idol.
People have to spend sleepless nights to stay awake and defend their village, while the attackers can just afk. I am not even pointing out how the game have turned into "patrol 5 minimaps from your walls every day".

so, at which point are we abusing anything? siege idols are destroyable for 24 hours and there's all the timegates when they can destroy the siege place easily and counter siege it pretty easily, you have to build ,etc... a day before or 2 which when the siege camp can get trashed very easily then you place a which ruins all the effort with a single field cairn.
even then you can still spam repair the wall when its getting shot at if i am not wrong.
dzielny_wojownik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements