Game Development: Loose Ends

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loose Ends

Postby Hasta » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Ysh wrote:Why I will use fake personality on only account I am doing postings from?

Amusement. The core reason we all are here.
Hasta

Postby Ysh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Hasta wrote:
Ysh wrote:Why I will use fake personality on only account I am doing postings from?

Amusement. The core reason we all are here.

I am here for discuss interest topics with friends on forum. Though some amusing is nice, yes. But I do not know if amusement is such reason to use so many efforts. You could write off any bizarre action of man as just saying ''oh he act because it is amusing him.'' This is seeming silly, imagine it:

Dick wrote:I think it is Hasta who murder the local butcher.

Sheriff wrote:Hasta? You do not think it is wife no longer?

Dick wrote:No, it is not wife. It is most definite Hasta.

Sheriff wrote:But how about this life insurance plan wife is taking out on husband just before murder?

Dick wrote:This is less compelling detail to me.

Sheriff wrote:But she is getting fat cheque from insurer company and lives on top private island right after murder!

Dick wrote:Yes I am knowing.

Sheriff wrote:I tend to trust the judgement of you, but I am not making arrest just off of these whim.

Dick wrote:I have compelling motivation for this Hasta as killer.

Sheriff wrote:Yes, yes. What is motivation that can compel him to it?

Dick wrote:I think he do it for amusement.

Sheriff wrote:What was once fog to me is now glass clear. I will go to making arrest!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hasta » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:43 pm

No, Ysh friend, just no. This is a forum for an online game. The ultimate (not the only, but initial and cornerstone) reason that brought us all here is amusement.
As for amusement from making up detailed forum personalities, the simplier way is exactly to believe that person made so visibly detailed, so invested on forum is, at least partially, the artificial mask. This all comes from experience: real people are rarely that solid and detailed in their behavior on forums, they are more... blurry.
Hasta

Postby Ysh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Hasta wrote:This all comes from experience: real people are rarely that solid and detailed in their behavior on forums, they are more... blurry.

If this is case and I am try to claim as being real person as I am, why I will have such solid and detailed behavior? If I am truly try to deceive you, I will making myself this ''blurry'' to appear more real. I think you prove point of mine for me.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hasta » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Ysh wrote:
Hasta wrote:This all comes from experience: real people are rarely that solid and detailed in their behavior on forums, they are more... blurry.

If this is case and I am try to claim as being real person as I am, why I will have such solid and detailed behavior? If I am truly try to deceive you, I will making myself this ''blurry'' to appear more real. I think you prove point of mine for me.

The amusement is not in deception, the amusement in having that persona. And some amount of people who have their "intuition" or "gut feeling" make it even more amusing.
Hasta

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Why are we arguing about this in the update topic? Make a separate topic in RoB if you want to talk about human issues like everyone else has.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Ysh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Hasta wrote:
Ysh wrote:

The amusement is not in deception, the amusement in having that persona. And some amount of people who have their "intuition" or "gut feeling" make it even more amusing.

I think you can refer to story of Dick and Sheriff.

Ysh

Postby Ysh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:03 pm

Jacobian123 wrote:Why are we arguing about this in the update topic? Make a separate topic in RoB if you want to talk about human issues like everyone else has.

I think if you will read entire thread you may see how conversation has organically moved into this direction it is in now.

Ysh

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Ysh wrote:

I actually find this very strange that you are active on forum only for last 4 months
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Ysh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:09 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
Ysh wrote:

I actually find this very strange that you are active on forum only for last 4 months

I was prepare to come back with gaggle of goon for release of the Hafen version, but none of these will play it if you must pay to play for each account. So I stop following this project closely thinking payment model is staying for long times. After world reset this model is change, and I do not find out about this reset until some 4 months ago or so. I start playing when this one is found. So maybe it is not very strange?

Ysh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements