Game Development: Breath of Air

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby ven » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:09 am

Larger map does sound really good, but rolling back to no caps seems to be treating the symptom of player evasion instead of working on the cause. In general the game feels more and more like legacy.

And no more kaios and potjeh. For me they were always the most reasonable and approachable mods.
Venator
ven

Postby algeralith » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:10 am

DDDsDD999 the God-King and victim of unfair moderation, holy is his name wrote:
jorb wrote:I don't see much healthy PvP around anyway, so if people want to push stats I see no reason to stand in the way of that.
Wait what? There's no pvp? I wonder why, it's not like you arbitrarily added horses with no balance mechanics in place skewing combat mechanics heavily. And then you had left archery op for months even though people were complaining about archery week 1. Then you dick tease the remaining few pvpers with a combat system that doesn't suck dick. It's not like everyone that's still playing had switched to archery because all the people that weren't archers died at least 3 times, and then you nerf archery. Oh yeah and that combat system got nvm'd, that definitely convinced people to stick around. I really wonder why there's no pvp.
algeralith

Postby Grog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:11 am

wonder-ass wrote:there have always bin people stronger then others in our world making it so everyone is average only makes it boring.
pvp will never be fixed because it cant be fixed some people will always spend more time then u in playing and so will be stronger then u.

There is a difference between "stronger" and "undefeatable for 99,9% of the people playing the game".
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Grog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:14 am

Hasta wrote: Now I need to start all over [...]

Well, this isn't really a good reason either, ain't it?
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:21 am

Grog wrote:
Hasta wrote: Now I need to start all over [...]

Well, this isn't really a good reason either, ain't it?

The major, I dare say - most important game mechanic just got whacked for no reason. Everyone who built their gameplay considering that mechanic to be a constant, now are properly surprise-buttfucked. Good enough reason to be disgruntled, no?
Last edited by Hasta on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hasta

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:21 am

grog wrote:There is a difference between "stronger" and "undefeatable for 99,9% of the people playing the game".

no level cap so if hes 9999 str so can u be not undefeatable just stronger.
you have a point with the factions using bots to get very very strong tho but nobody stops u in doing the same.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:23 am

wonder-ass wrote:you have a point with the factions using bots to get very very strong tho but nobody stops u in doing the same.

So botting now is a requirement to get anywhere in this game, is that what you say?
Hasta

Postby Zeler » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:24 am

Hasta wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:you have a point with the factions using bots to get very very strong tho but nobody stops u in doing the same.

So botting now is a requirement to get anywhere in this game, is that what you say?

No. He is saying that nothing stops you from botting if you want to get stronger.
Zeler

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:28 am

if there is a will there's a way.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:30 am

Zeler wrote:
Hasta wrote:

No. He is saying that nothing stops you from botting if you want to get stronger.

You're just rephrased the very same thing. Now if anyone wants to be relatively on par with major factions' players, he will have to either get himself a bunch of grinding bots or join said factions and reap the fruits of their bots' labour. Bots are a must.
Hasta

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements