Game Development: Breath of Air

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby borka » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:51 am

Semper Fi :)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Grog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 am

Pan_w_okularach wrote:everyone needs to take a deep breath about the stat caps
for the vast majority it's not gonna change anything in their game experience
like people who complain the most have you ever had an encounter with a capped hostile player?

I did quit the game because the occurence of massive botting affected my whole fucking supergrid, peaceful farming hermits and factions alike.

where if the guy had better stats it would've gone differently?

That's the point, dude.

i doubt that peavefools like hasta or grog have any experience in pvp at all tbh

And I doubt you've seen raids with 30 people on each side.

and now when the caps were removed you suddenly became uncompetetive against big factions like you ever was comeptetive smh

No one stated to be competitve with factions.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby overtyped » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:32 am

Grog wrote:
like people who complain the most have you ever had an encounter with a capped hostile player?

I did quit the game because the occurence of massive botting affected my whole fucking supergrid, peaceful farming hermits and factions alike.

ye, botters are the reason for many quitting. It's just aids, not that i wasn't one of them.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:41 am

Grog wrote:

where if the guy had better stats it would've gone differently?

That's the point, dude.

i doubt that peavefools like hasta or grog have any experience in pvp at all tbh

And I doubt you've seen raids with 30 people on each side.

and now when the caps were removed you suddenly became uncompetetive against big factions like you ever was comeptetive smh

No one stated to be competitve with factions.

you missed the point bro, i asked have the so desired stat caps helped the casual player at all or the things were indeed pretty much the same?
and for the pvp scene, maybe botting was a big problem before curiosities and idk what was the combat back in the day, so maybe you have the right to hate it if you're from that era, but in w6-w7 when i started playing it wasn't so bad
botters had a little advantage over non botters but the combat system equalized that
besides it felt so good killing a character you knew was 10 times worth yours so there was even a positive side to it
and yeah i had that painful experience once it lagged like a bitch
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby PigModBoy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 am

i think a lot of people need to take a .... Breath of Air and think about the changes lol

honestly the removal of stat caps really doesnt change that much because probably 90% of the people never reached them. and the people who have reached them long ago and burned out. besides with the squreroot deltas it doesnt really get that much better
PigModBoy

Postby Klopus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:16 am

jorb wrote:I don't see much healthy PvP around anyway...

Nice argument. 150 online, shitty combat system - not surprising.
Klopus

Postby stickman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:20 am

if your going to stick with no skill/stat caps... how about you implement caps tied to the tools you use:

your effective melee is softcapped by 2.5x your weapons quality... so if you have a 150 q sword you can effectively use 375 melee but anything after that is softcapped.... would make getting insane amounts of melee a waste instead of concentrating on your villages industry etc. Would also bring some meaning back spiraling metal since I think people have given up on trying to spiral it super high this world.

damage done by a weapon would be capped by the weapons substance as well. so getting over a certain amount of str without increasing your weapon q would be a waste.

or something like that...
stickman

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:22 am

Removing level caps makes this game more p2w, since before hand the extra character development was more of a temporary buff until your cap, and now it goes on forever. Pls nerf it in accordance with level caps being removed.

I'm actually considering quitting though this removal of the level cap ensures that I will always be a shitter since others can raise stats way quicker than me :(
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:47 am

My 5 crowns:
The magic changes are quite positive and makes the experience very-very valuable. Therefore, wandering around, participating various actions, performing quests are important. Elegant solution, tbh.

The level caps removal has its pros and cons. The food sink is back in the game, which is really good for trades. On the other hand, skill caps were nice since people would be able to catch up with stronger players. In my point of view, the attribute cap (str, agi and etc.) should be removed, but the skill cap should remain. Skills are much harder to increase than the stats, and it takes a lot of time. Whereas you are not restrained by the time if you would like to level your attributes. You can produce enough food to make a 300 attributed character in one day. However, for a 300 skill leveled character you need a month or two of rigorous day-by-day curiosity craft and study table filling.
You may also do it vice versa (cap attributes, uncap skills). Why not to cap the attributes instead? Simply, it removes the food sink from the game. Food sink = farming, cheese-making, hunting, fishing, animal husbandry.

I like that the salt hunger reduction nerf was not that big. It might encourage some more trades, as the food sink has been returned. I'll give you a trade-overview feedback in 2 weeks, based on the surveys + trade conference chats.

Map size increase gives a feel of a mini-wipe. People will be able to explore new nodes and new regions as well.

Not sure how the archery works now.

I like how the meta-game started changing now. Good work, keep it up!

P.S. Yay, no more inner party! Screw the bourgeois!
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:51 am

Anyone worth their shit has MORE then enough shit stock piled to go from 500-700 where as those down below cant and now the game balance is tipped to fuck. There should be a world reset for changes like this smh so salty.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements