Game Development: Breath of Air

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby donatas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:40 am

jorb wrote:
Ysh wrote:
jorb wrote:Removed level caps.

Reasoning?


I don't see much healthy PvP around anyway, so if people want to push stats I see no reason to stand in the way of that.


How this is going affect the store? Since you still have the "300 level cap" or is this temporary?
donatas
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 7:01 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby algeralith » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:41 am

jorb wrote:
Ysh wrote:
jorb wrote:Removed level caps.

Reasoning?


I don't see much healthy PvP around anyway, so if people want to push stats I see no reason to stand in the way of that.


Botting? You just removed the only chance regular people had to be competitive.
algeralith
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:26 am

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby Grog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:46 am

algeralith wrote: You just removed the only chance regular people had to be competitive.


Moisture wrote:Only reason I say this is because I know that when I first started playing H&H, I joined mid way through the world and realized that everybody had stats in the thousands and that they could just keep on gaining and gaining, which meant I'd have 0 chance at catching up, which ultimately led to me dropping the game until a new world started up.


Agreed.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
User avatar
Grog
 
Posts: 2730
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 am

donatas wrote:How this is going affect the store? Since you still have the "300 level cap" or is this temporary?


Updated the store text.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17462
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:50 am

Grog wrote:
Hasta wrote:[...], but I don't feel like playing this version anymore.

How so?
And what makes you so mad?


Grog wrote:
algeralith wrote: You just removed the only chance regular people had to be competitive.


Moisture wrote:Only reason I say this is because I know that when I first started playing H&H, I joined mid way through the world and realized that everybody had stats in the thousands and that they could just keep on gaining and gaining, which meant I'd have 0 chance at catching up, which ultimately led to me dropping the game until a new world started up.


Agreed.


This, exactly. All other things (free gilding slots, ultra-fast curio study etc) I find wacky and ugly, but that I can live with. Grinding stats non-stop just to be able to say "fuck you" to an occasional raider passing by my hermitage? Thanks but no thanks.
Last edited by Hasta on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hasta
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby donatas » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:50 am

Grog wrote:
algeralith wrote: You just removed the only chance regular people had to be competitive.


Moisture wrote:Only reason I say this is because I know that when I first started playing H&H, I joined mid way through the world and realized that everybody had stats in the thousands and that they could just keep on gaining and gaining, which meant I'd have 0 chance at catching up, which ultimately led to me dropping the game until a new world started up.


Agreed.


Why are you comparing yourself to them. I always played the game to get as high as possible, before dying for one reason or another and then try again to overcome and get my personal top scores higher and higher. I never compare my scores to others since there's no point. I play it to get my own top scores and see how high I could go.
donatas
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 7:01 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby Pupsi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:51 am

and now pls wipe 8-)
ppl need get back
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
User avatar
Pupsi
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:31 am
Location: heheh

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby Hasta » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:53 am

donatas wrote:Why are you comparing yourself to them. I always played the game to get as high as possible, before dying for one reason or another and then try again to overcome and get my personal top scores higher and higher. I never compare my scores to others since there's no point. I play it to get my own top scores and see how high I could go.

The only thing you're missing is that they can beat you with their "high scores", quite literally. PvP is competititve. This game is a free-world PvP. "Trying to beat your own top-scores" makes no more sense than "training to be able to knockout your old self".
User avatar
Hasta
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:53 am

The Inner Party has been reduced to include only the moderation team, and is thus functionally dissolved.


It was a pleasure helping you how I can.
Image
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
User avatar
Patchouli_Knowledge
 
Posts: 2248
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:57 am

Re: Game Development: Breath of Air

Postby Zeler » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:54 am

donatas wrote:
Grog wrote:
algeralith wrote: You just removed the only chance regular people had to be competitive.


Moisture wrote:Only reason I say this is because I know that when I first started playing H&H, I joined mid way through the world and realized that everybody had stats in the thousands and that they could just keep on gaining and gaining, which meant I'd have 0 chance at catching up, which ultimately led to me dropping the game until a new world started up.


Agreed.


Why are you comparing yourself to them. I always played the game to get as high as possible, before dying for one reason or another and then try again to overcome and get my personal top scores higher and higher. I never compare my scores to others since there's no point. I play it to get my own top scores and see how high I could go.


Because stats actually do matter in combat. Not everyone plays this game to get higher ql of carrots.
User avatar
Zeler
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests