Game Development: Thy Kingdom Come

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Thy Kingdom Come

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:04 am

snoopy91 wrote:So if someone expands their realm over me, and someone commits a crime on my land it wont leave a scent? :?:

Your land works as it always has. Point being that they will not commit a crime against the Realm.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby snoopy91 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:09 am

K thanks for the clarification :D
snoopy91

Postby Jacobian123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:10 am

jorb wrote:
snoopy91 wrote:So if someone expands their realm over me, and someone commits a crime on my land it wont leave a scent? :?:

Your land works as it always has. Point being that they will not commit a crime against the Realm.

More explanation on this matter would be nice.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:10 am

What is there to explain? Claims work as they always have, but Realm claims do not protect against crimes. I'm not sure I can be much clearer.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby algeralith » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:19 am

jorb wrote:[*] Any Experience points earned benath a Realm Claim, are also added to that Realm's authority. This is not a tax on the earner, but rather each point of experience earned within the Realm is also, additionally, added to the Realm's authority. It does not matter whether the earner is a member of the Realm or not.

jorb wrote:"From the Public Coffer": By drawing on the Public Coffers you can draw Experience Points from your Realm's Authority. You always gain 1000 Experience Points when using the ability, but the authority cost increases the more often the ability is used within the Realm. Over time the authority cost returns to normal. Cost: 2000 Authority, modified with increased use.

Those two worry me. Whats to stop someone from placing a charter stone on a nice spot in the mountain, and just spawn new characters off the stone and gain the immediate exp from the natural resources.
Better yet, whats to stop someone from just botting the entire thing.

Unless my understanding of the mechanics is wrong.
algeralith

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:21 am

algeralith wrote:Those two worry me. Whats to stop someone from placing a charter stone on a nice spot in the mountain, and just spawn new characters off the stone and gain the immediate exp from the natural resources.

Most anything in the game can be botted, but the particular strategy may perhaps warrant some thought. Will consider.

jorb

Postby MrPunchers » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:27 am

jorb wrote:
algeralith wrote:Those two worry me. Whats to stop someone from placing a charter stone on a nice spot in the mountain, and just spawn new characters off the stone and gain the immediate exp from the natural resources.

Most anything in the game can be botted, but the particular strategy may perhaps warrant some thought. Will consider.

Cost more than 1k xp to make an alt?
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby CinderHeart » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:30 am

MrPunchers wrote:
jorb wrote:

Cost more than 1k xp to make an alt?

That won't address alt accounts with one character each, unless perhaps you suggest a Prerequisite of experience needed to join the Realm. In retrospect this sounds better to me now that I think of it, but still just another fence easily jumped.
CinderHeart wrote:"Pedo mellon a minno" – "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter."

──────▄▀▄─────▄▀▄
─────▄█░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█▄
─▄▄──█░░░░░░░░░░░█──▄▄
█▄▄█─█░░▀░░┬░░▀░░█─█▄▄█
CinderHeart

Postby loftar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:40 am

jorb wrote:the particular strategy may perhaps warrant some thought. Will consider.

One way to counter it that should be effective, if somewhat ugly and ad-hoc, would perhaps be to simply not translate XP from experiences that are had for the first time on that character into authority.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jacobian123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:48 am

Anyone got a material list for what the initial kingdom object needs?
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements