Game Development: Thy Kingdom Come

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Thy Kingdom Come

Postby ekzarh » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:39 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:Jorb,

Please implement something along these lines.

envision the beginning of the new world. and the major factions claim up the majority of the centre of the map. How is a village near the centre of the map suppose to create a rival kingdom? at the moment it is impossible, they cant create a kingdom where they live as they have no way of removing border cairns. they would have to go to the edge of the map, where they do not live, create a kingdom and then cairn their way back. or leave the area.

I don't think this mechanic was suppose to be used to force people from their villages. but that is basically what it does. at the moment our village is claimed over. We are currently feeding experience to our enemies kingdom. its not nice logging in to seeing your enemies name pop up saying you are on their land. if we killed one of their guys. the experience we are feeding them would simply be used for a state funeral.

Why didn't you create a Realm to cover your village? That's a race thing. Same for the new world - you ethier establish your village in a high-competitive area (center) and compete, or you go to the edge, build your faraway kingdom and attack from there. There is no (and never were) mercy in a wars for territory.

Although, some kind of Civil War or Rebellion mechanic is a good idea. Maybe, a Village should be able to challenge the Realm Cairn which overlaps its territory. After the cairn is destroyed they must be able to place their own Realm (even small) quickly or be covered by cheap Realm cairn again. Also - challenge timers in this case shoul be bigger and drain village authority
ekzarh

Postby Kaios » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:45 pm

ekzarh wrote:Why didn't you create a Realm to cover your village? That's a race thing. Same for the new world - you ethier establish your village in a high-competitive area (center) and compete, or you go to the edge, build your faraway kingdom and attack from there. There is no (and never were) mercy in a wars for territory.

"Why didn't you see this update coming and have 10 gold bars, 10 silver bars, 5 rock crystals and 30 brimstone at the ready so you could start covering territory the day after the patch came out and then spend the next day making cloth and building cairns"
Kaios

Postby Ysh » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:48 pm

ekzarh wrote:
DeadlyPencil wrote:Jorb,

Please implement something along these lines.

envision the beginning of the new world. and the major factions claim up the majority of the centre of the map. How is a village near the centre of the map suppose to create a rival kingdom? at the moment it is impossible, they cant create a kingdom where they live as they have no way of removing border cairns. they would have to go to the edge of the map, where they do not live, create a kingdom and then cairn their way back. or leave the area.

I don't think this mechanic was suppose to be used to force people from their villages. but that is basically what it does. at the moment our village is claimed over. We are currently feeding experience to our enemies kingdom. its not nice logging in to seeing your enemies name pop up saying you are on their land. if we killed one of their guys. the experience we are feeding them would simply be used for a state funeral.

Why didn't you create a Realm to cover your village? That's a race thing. Same for the new world - you ethier establish your village in a high-competitive area (center) and compete, or you go to the edge, build your faraway kingdom and attack from there. There is no (and never were) mercy in a wars for territory.

Although, some kind of Civil War or Rebellion mechanic is a good idea. Maybe, a Village should be able to challenge the Realm Cairn which overlaps its territory. After the cairn is destroyed they must be able to place their own Realm (even small) quickly or be covered by cheap Realm cairn again. Also - challenge timers in this case shoul be bigger and drain village authority

This seems as a good and simple way to doing it. Village can challenge only overlapping cairn, and it should costing much village authority and/or have some duration requiring (e.g. village must be up for 1 week before challenge). Just making sure building offensive dummy village is not too viable of tactic and this rebellion is use only for defense. Then after cairn is down, village must established realm quickly and can begin competing on realm stage as another false king.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby dageir » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 pm

I have a suggestion to add to the Kingdom-update.
Every kingdom will be visible on a "kingdom map".
Only Kingdoms can see this map, so you will not be able to abuse the map by being invisible yourself.
This way the major factions would be visible to other major factions. In a semi-realistic world
major factions/kingdoms would be know to eacother even if they are far away. Even the old Romans
had a suspicion of Chinas existence and vice versa. This could be expanded upon with upgrades with increasing details.
dageir

Postby Ysh » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 pm

dageir wrote:I have a suggestion to add to the Kingdom-update.
Every kingdom will be visible on a "kingdom map".
Only Kingdoms can see this map, so you will not be able to abuse the map by being invisible yourself.
This way the major factions would be visible to other major factions. In a semi-realistic world
major factions/kingdoms would be know to eacother even if they are far away. Even the old Romans
had a suspicion of Chinas existence and vice versa. This could be expanded upon with upgrades with increasing details.

You mean some thing like this?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby dageir » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Yes, Ysh, yes.
dageir

Postby Eemerald » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:54 pm

so when youre under someone elses kingdom...what difference does it make to you as a village in that kingdom claim?
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Jacobian123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Eemerald wrote:so when youre under someone elses kingdom...what difference does it make to you as a village in that kingdom claim?

None, all you're doing is adding to that kingdom's authority when you activate a lore event.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Kaios » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:02 pm

Kaios wrote:As well, I understand why you would not have global resources give exp towards the Realm due to spawning at a charter or however else around them but this makes no sense with respect to the whole idea behind what you want players to do with the system which is go out and claim as much space as possible and the global resources were a big part of this, one of the biggest in fact. If you are going to have so many players competing for newb/hermit villages, each other and empty map space why did you negate one of the only useful benefits to claiming somewhere further away.

seriously though can a better solution than just not having those events feed in to the realm be found for this or what it's a really piss poor band-aid fix
Kaios

Postby infectedking » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:04 am

Kaios wrote:
Kaios wrote:As well, I understand why you would not have global resources give exp towards the Realm due to spawning at a charter or however else around them but this makes no sense with respect to the whole idea behind what you want players to do with the system which is go out and claim as much space as possible and the global resources were a big part of this, one of the biggest in fact. If you are going to have so many players competing for newb/hermit villages, each other and empty map space why did you negate one of the only useful benefits to claiming somewhere further away.

seriously though can a better solution than just not having those events feed in to the realm be found for this or what it's a really piss poor band-aid fix

Dw, they also added into that bandage that Willow tree no longer gives exp for claim either since "Too easy to bot".
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements