Game Development: King's Bounty

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: King's Bounty

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:53 am

MrPunchers wrote:or they added proper tanning fluid (woo).

Is there anything improper about the already existing tanning fluid?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:53 am

loftar wrote:Hearths are checked instead of character locations, rather than both, if that's what you meant.

I'm just thinking about the original intent which was claiming a mass of area so you have higher chance of getting players on to your realm claim to feed it so I'm not sure why that isn't a thing now
Kaios

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:54 am

Kaios wrote:I'm just thinking about the original intent which was claiming a mass of area so you have higher chance of getting players on to your realm claim to feed it so I'm not sure why that isn't a thing now

Well, the main reason for the change was so that realms founded in rebellion can earn their initial authority somewhat reliably from its members.

We did consider, for the record, making it so that authority is gained from both the hearth-fire location and the active player location, and are still open for decision in the matter.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:55 am

jorb wrote:
MrPunchers wrote:or they added proper tanning fluid (woo).

Is there anything improper about the already existing tanning fluid?

Never heard of people using Tree Bark as tanning fluid. Heard about Sinew/Tendons/Cartilage as materials for fluid, however.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:55 am

MrPunchers wrote:Never heard of people using Tree Bark as tanning fluid.

Google is your friend.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:56 am

MrPunchers wrote:Never heard of people using Tree Bark as tanning fluid. Heard about Sinew/Tendons/Cartilage as materials for fluid, however.

Literally the first sentence on Wikipedia wrote:The English word for tanning is from medieval Latin tannāre, deriv. of tannum (oak bark), related to Old High German tanna meaning oak or fir (related to modern Tannenbaum). This refers to use of the bark of oaks (the original source of tannin) in some kinds of hide preservation.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:57 am

loftar wrote:We did consider, for the record, making it so that authority is gained from both the hearth-fire location and the active player location, and are still open for decision in the matter.

I did like it, just feels like now I'd have to do a straight shot to active places rather than placing cairns a little more gracefully
Kaios

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:58 am

oh ok
You guys know your stuff! :D
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:02 am

loftar wrote:We did consider, for the record, making it so that authority is gained from both the hearth-fire location and the active player location, and are still open for decision in the matter.

Tbh this seems like the better system. As of right now it doesn't give you too much incentive to draw people to your kingdom besides the benefits of the statues, and even then a stat boost isn't much when you can't even support said things with the amount of authority you draw on a daily basis.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:04 am

You still have every incentive in the world to draw people to your Realm, doe. It hasn't been reduced in any way.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements