Game Development: King's Bounty

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: King's Bounty

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:38 am

loftar wrote:What else could it refer to? The buff objects only provide stat points and nothing else.

I don't think the vagueness of some information is just in my head I was trying to ask how the stat bonus is multiplied, by players on claim or by hearthfire, etc.
Kaios

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:44 am

Kaios wrote:I don't think the vagueness of some information is just in my head I was trying to ask how the stat bonus is multiplied, by players on claim or by hearthfire, etc.

Each Menhir/Idol provides each player with one point in each of the stats indicated. If a Realm has five Menhirs, each player on its claim will get +5 Strength, +5 Farming and +5 Exploration.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:44 am

Oh I see now, the wording is confusing though I'm telling you!
Kaios

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:55 am

How is this:

"Menhir": Costs significant Authority upkeep (500/Day), but increases Strength, Farming and Exploration, by one point each, for everyone within your Realm (i.e. all players on the Realm's Claim).

confusing?

Build it, costs 500 auth per irl day, increases str, farm, and exp by 1 point each for everyone within the realm's borders while it is active. Hard?

EDIT: And you can obviously build multiples, as indicated by the update picture.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 am

I discerned "by one point each, for everyone within your realm" to mean an added bonus multiplied by each player either oathed or on the realm claim but clearly that was wrong
Kaios

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:00 am

Kaios wrote:I discerned "by one point each, for everyone within your realm" to mean an added bonus multiplied by each player either oathed or on the realm claim but clearly that was wrong

Mmm, that is a little confusing, you're right, but I got the gist of it on initial reading.
W3-W8 - Hermit

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby dafels » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:01 am

500/day, isn't that a bit too much? A decent bonus of +20 stat(which isn't even that much of a bonus) would cost extra 10k auth a day which would be pretty much unrealistic to upkeep. I don't see any realms signing up just to have a single digit stat bonus to barely be able to upkeep their authorities with this massive auth drain.
dafels

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:24 am

dafels wrote:500/day, isn't that a bit too much? A decent bonus of +20 stat(which isn't even that much of a bonus) would cost extra 10k auth a day which would be pretty much unrealistic to upkeep. I don't see any realms signing up just to have a single digit stat bonus to barely be able to upkeep their authorities with this massive auth drain.

500 auth is 500 exp yes?
If a kingdom wanted them they'd plant WIllows all over their territory so people could grope them for 500 exp a day.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:27 am

MrPunchers wrote:
dafels wrote:500/day, isn't that a bit too much? A decent bonus of +20 stat(which isn't even that much of a bonus) would cost extra 10k auth a day which would be pretty much unrealistic to upkeep. I don't see any realms signing up just to have a single digit stat bonus to barely be able to upkeep their authorities with this massive auth drain.

500 auth is 500 exp yes?
If a kingdom wanted them they'd plant WIllows all over their territory so people could grope them for 500 exp a day.

Willow lore deemed too OP by jorbtar iirc.
W3-W8 - Hermit

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:33 am

it is quite a lot when you consider you'll be building multiple of them
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements