Game Development: King's Bounty

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: King's Bounty

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 am

jorb wrote: If more than one Realm covers a Hearth, both Realms will earn authority from it.

Overall, I like and approve of this patch, but this is surely going to be an issue. I could see each realm earning half of the authority, but not full for each. Imagine 10 overlapping realms with a host of hearthfires placed on the overlapping area for them all to feed all of the authority into every realm. Allowing for essentially free experience draining off all the authority, and free casting of the funeral ability. And I wonder what would happen if you built the new realm buffing structures on the overlapping area.
Fierce_Deity

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:Imagine 10 overlapping realms with a host of hearthfires placed on the overlapping area for them all to feed all of the authority into every realm.

I will very much be looking forward to nerfing it once someone has actually founded 10 realms.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Redlaw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:04 am

whats needed to make the new version of tanning fluid?
Redlaw

Postby Gensokyo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:34 am

jorb wrote:In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Fighting system.

what
is it stuck in the pipe or is it just in the pipe
is haven the pipe or is the pipe a "in-progress"
Gensokyo

Postby Redlaw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:53 am

Gensokyo wrote:
jorb wrote:In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Fighting system.

what
is it stuck in the pipe or is it just in the pipe
is haven the pipe or is the pipe a "in-progress"

Some thing will be tried, tested, and tried and rested till everyone is happy. Sadly even if they get another good version past what we have now, people will still be not happy with it within a few months. Its like a shiny new toy people get bored with after a while.
Redlaw

Postby APXEOLOG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:01 am

I love the idea, but i'm not sure if it is worse the price. I don't know if it will be good for the new players under the realm protection tbh, but as experienced player i see no reason to spend so much resources and authority for +1 buff. Maybe if this statues will have time-based upgrades (like if the statue active for a month, you can upgrade it so it will give +2 now. Maybe with some price. But it shouldn't be affected by bots anyway)

Nice update anyway, i love all this late-game stuff coming.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby azrid » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:10 am

Another update in the right direction!
azrid

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:11 am

What is preventing you from making loads of alts within a realm to boost the bonus to unhealthy levels?
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Redlaw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 am

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:What is preventing you from making loads of alts within a realm to boost the bonus to unhealthy levels?

Play times xp is based on how often you gain xp... so realmes in truth will cut down on alts a but more, while increasing player count.... need a few people to at least make up the cost of a statue per day.
Redlaw

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:47 am

Redlaw wrote:
Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:What is preventing you from making loads of alts within a realm to boost the bonus to unhealthy levels?

Play times xp is based on how often you gain xp... so realmes in truth will cut down on alts a but more, while increasing player count.... need a few people to at least make up the cost of a statue per day.

but the bonuses are based off of how many people there are in the realm, so more alts = more buffs, right?
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements