Game Development: Bumfights

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bumfights

Postby Redlaw » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Ok almost killed a bear but it oked me. Was a tough battle all right. My armor at least is in good shape lol.
Redlaw

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:16 pm

Granger wrote:
fuckit.png

One fight lost against something I could end without injury before, time to put on some healing stuff and log out for some days.
This basically limits testing combat to 1 failed try every few days.

To harsh, not fun, I'll go play something else.

What did you fight? My first against bats was quite easy. Did you fight a Moose or Bear?
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Granger wrote:To harsh, not fun, I'll go play something else.

"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Granger wrote:
fuckit.png

One fight lost against something I could end without injury before, time to put on some healing stuff and log out for some days.
This basically limits testing combat to 1 failed try every few days.

To harsh, not fun, I'll go play something else.

OMG!

Yeah, I'm not fighting anything big, lol, and also gone off to play something else, can't afford to lose my ranger boots with mulberry trees the way they are!

Jorb, you are a sadist! :P
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Kirche » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Is armor now a requirement for even fighting bats?

I'm sure I'm probably missing something here, but I'm constantly getting tickled to death by bats 1 hhp at a time every fight.
Kirche

Postby Valten21 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:21 pm

I'm not convinced lofar it takes a character far more powerful then my own a few minutes to kill me if I'm playing defensively and standing still in the same spot. I'll be the first to say you might have to adjust how openings effect damage.

I don't think anyone could kill my trash can character as it is unless i let them beat on me for a minute or two.

hi kirche
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Why wasn't that the case in Legacy, Valten? Movement hits?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Redlaw » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Glad I have been stock piling healing herbs, though I used most of my stock pile lol.
Redlaw

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:30 pm

jorb wrote:Why wasn't that the case in Legacy, Valten? Movement hits?

Becouse you were able to down ones defence really quick if the fight lasted for a long time (oportuniy knocks while having a lot of IP) and the cooldowns of defensive moves were bigger than cooldown of ofensive moves - charge, the fastest skill in legacy, slide one of the slowest. Right now my friend punches me for 10% green debuff and i can get 20% off it before he punches me another time.

Simple example:

Legacy : 100 ua vs 100 ua and agi and everything., attacker uses jump+punch all the time, defender uses slide and when his attack bar is on 0 he uses dash becouse he cant use slide again - after few seconds the defender would have to run away to get his defence up or else attacker would be able to damage him.

Right now : 100 ua vs 100 ua and agi and everything, attacker uses jump, defender uses feigned dodge - after 10 hours, defenders green debuff is still at 0% :D
Last edited by Ozzy123 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:(oportuniy knocks while having a lot of IP)

If you go and collect Opportunity Knocks in the new system I think you'll find it may make a bit of difference here too.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements