Game Development: Bumfights

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bumfights

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 pm

InvaderDoom wrote:So with this being said, is there now no way to work your way to being efficient enough to fight without damage to armor? Essentially, every fight will do some amount of damage to armor?

No, it only means that one piece of armor won't protect another. For instance, if you have two pieces of armor, one with 40/20 and one with 20/40, and you take 60 damage, each piece of armor will soak 30 damage each, but since one only soaks 20 damage hard, that piece takes 10 damage. Previously, the hard soak would be deduced together, so that no damage would be left in that situation to deal damage to the armor.

InvaderDoom wrote:Or is it still like before, where only if damage was dealt with no blocks up, then armor takes damage?

That's not how it worked before, though. It simply only took damage when an attack made more damage than the total hard-soak of your armor set.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 pm

hery76 wrote:Read the update 3 times now, and still have no clue what the hell was said there... not being an english native make this stuff hard as hell :'(

The short version is that you need openings on your opponents for attacks to deal damage to them, and that all attacks also creates openings. Therefore, the more you attack, the more damage you will be dealing. Basically.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby InvaderDoom » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:13 pm

loftar wrote:[
That's not how it worked before, though. It simply only took damage when an attack made more than the total hard-soak of your armor set.

Ahh, I was only just beginning to figure out old system so wasn't exactly 100% on how it worked, just thought that's what it was, thank you for clarifying
I just love to stalk the Jorbtar
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:14 pm

can you give all the mmoves to us in vallhalla so we can spar and check stuff out without getting all of them?

the combat seems like its impossible to kill someone running away tbh
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Redlaw » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:15 pm

so far a bat snuck some damage threw my armor, (1 point wooo). But right now past a few miner things I am basicly fighting the same.... but some moves well dont work like they did before. I do like the fact that some defences are up at the start it is a nice change.
Redlaw

Postby FictionRyu » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:19 pm

I've been wondering since reading this...I'm not an unarmed combatant nor a melee combatant, the only time I use physical force (in my case, hunting) is when I have to run after an animal target and give them one last good punch to kill it. Is that still able to be done? Say I am chasing a badger, I finally catch up to it, can I still just click "attack" then use a punch to kill it?

loftar wrote:The short version is that you need openings on your opponents for attacks to deal damage to them, and that all attacks also creates openings. Therefore, the more you attack, the more damage you will be dealing. Basically.

Is this meaning all opponents? Heathling and animal alike?
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby Ophaq » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 pm

RIP amber client. Gotta wait for an update now. At least we get LP for killing things now though...
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:23 pm

SERVER DOWN EVERYBODY! SERVER DOWN!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby hery76 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:23 pm

loftar wrote:
hery76 wrote:Read the update 3 times now, and still have no clue what the hell was said there... not being an english native make this stuff hard as hell :'(

The short version is that you need openings on your opponents for attacks to deal damage to them, and that all attacks also creates openings. Therefore, the more you attack, the more damage you will be dealing. Basically.

Ok, seems straight forward. Will check the "not block" thing this combat brings. Thanks loftar
hery76

Postby InvaderDoom » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:24 pm

linkfanpc wrote:SERVER DOWN EVERYBODY! SERVER DOWN!

I just love to stalk the Jorbtar
#Memories
InvaderDoom

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements