Game Development: Bumfights

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bumfights

Postby Artyom15 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:52 pm

loftar wrote:
Artyom15 wrote:Nope, just logged in and I have all my combat moves.

Yes, but that being said, there are of course also new ones to learn.

And new ones that I seem to have come out with. I'm pretty giddy for this system.
Artyom15

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:55 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

Cute math

Enjoy!

Lol, guess I'll just have to work it out as I go along.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Lol, guess I'll just have to work it out as I go along.

I think you can take comfort in that it isn't particularly different from the present system. The big difference is that you build openings in your enemy, instead of blocks on yourself.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:01 pm

jorb wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Lol, guess I'll just have to work it out as I go along.

I think you can take comfort in that it isn't particularly different from the present system. The big difference is that you build openings in your enemy, instead of blocks on yourself.

Hey, thanks for the encouragement ... :) ... not particularly different sounds good, lol.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:03 pm

In "Knock Its Teeth Out", "Openings" is spelled "Optnings".
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:05 pm

MrPunchers wrote:In "Knock Its Teeth Out", "Openings" is spelled "Optnings".

Thanks. Fixed on dev server.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jordancoles » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm

Attacks specify some percentage of openings which they add to their targets, for example 20% "Reeling". If an attack says that it adds 20% "Reeling", that means that it will add 20% of whatever is left until the target has an opening of 100%. For example: If a target is already 40% Reeling, and is hit by an attack which adds 20% Reeling, the attack will add (1 - 0.4) * 0.2 = 0.12 = 12%, and thus bring the target up to 52% Reeling.

40+20 = 52

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby InvaderDoom » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm

jorb wrote:Armor & Armor penetration
-----------------------
  • We have made some changes to how armor works.
  • Armor used to subtract all hard soak from incoming damage, before distributing the damage over the armor parts to remove the soft soak and deal damage to the armor. This had the effect that one piece of armor would protect not only the player, but also other pieces of armor on him. This has been changed, so that damage is first distributed over the armor parts, which then subtract hard and soft soaks individually.
  • All attacks have been given some amount of armor penetration. The philosophy that we have used is to give more armor penetration to attacks with lower base damages. Unarmed attacks usually have around 30%, and Swords usually around 5%, with axes somewhere inbetween, &c. The game will at some point present this dynamically.

So with this being said, is there now no way to work your way to being efficient enough to fight without damage to armor? Essentially, every fight will do some amount of damage to armor?

Or is it still like before, where only if damage was dealt with no blocks up, then armor takes damage? Don't wanna go practicing on bats and start burning through decent armor.
I just love to stalk the Jorbtar
#Memories
InvaderDoom

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 pm

jordancoles wrote:
Attacks specify some percentage of openings which they add to their targets, for example 20% "Reeling". If an attack says that it adds 20% "Reeling", that means that it will add 20% of whatever is left until the target has an opening of 100%. For example: If a target is already 40% Reeling, and is hit by an attack which adds 20% Reeling, the attack will add (1 - 0.4) * 0.2 = 0.12 = 12%, and thus bring the target up to 52% Reeling.

40+20 = 52

Point precisely being that it isn't simple addition.

jorb

Postby hery76 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Read the update 3 times now, and still have no clue what the hell was said there... not being an english native make this stuff hard as hell :'(

but nice update neverthless, changes are always welcome o/
hery76

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements