Divine Intervention: The Case of Dis vs. Dev Team

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of Dis vs. Dev Team

Postby MadNomad » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:49 pm

leanne69 wrote:
Kaios wrote:Diminished return would be a good start, I don't think this curbs the issue of botting though as botters will still be able to remain higher in stats indefinitely.

The more constitution you have less hp per con you will get for rising your stats.
Constitution : 100*sqrt(con/10)
10 con = 100hp
40 con = 200hp
90 con = 300hp
160con = 400hp

Strenght is the same. I'll give the example in UC damage to avoid overcomplicating my example:

<<< Base damage of punch : 10
With a STR of 10 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 10 damage
With a STR of 40 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 20 damage
With a STR of 90 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 30 damage
With a STR of 160 : 10*sqrt(str/10) = 40 damage
More str you will gain, less efficient it'll become as you progress.

Agility is already nerfed, since it is capped from 0.8 to 1.2

MC/UA have already been nerfed. There is only 12% difference between you and the guy with twice more MC/UA that you have.

What i'm trying to point out is there is >ALREADY< a diminishing return included in the game.

what you're asking is probably horizontal asymptotic formula, but it would simply lead to another version of stats cap. That would be nonsense to remove stats cap but include that instead.

hey do u remember mc and ua weight formulas maybe cause i dont and maybe i am bad at searching or just lazy but i didnt find it in wiki
MadNomad

Postby leanne69 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Kaios wrote:I'm bad at math so I try to avoid it whenever I can. I think with this combat even those slight differences at higher stats makes a huge difference, especially if that difference in stats is a matter of 10x the opponent :P

Not really. It's more about reflex and dumbness of opponent right now. Slight difference of stats can't be felt, and huge difference have to be felt or what's the point of stats ?

Kaios wrote:Something needs to be done about combat meditation, all other maneuvers are garbage in comparison.

Combat med give an huge advantage with those with lower stats, actually.

I'd rather say to change all other maneuvers and boost them to actually feel them in a fight.
Bloodlust can't be felt, oak stance is useless cause you need to have huge opening to have them being effective, which mean you're taking damage for them to be effective... For a defensive move, it's not good at all.
Shield up is useless with the quadra delta, and parry give almost no red opening, so isn't really good neither.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby Kaios » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:17 pm

leanne69 wrote:Not really. It's more about reflex and dumbness of opponent right now. Slight difference of stats can't be felt, and huge difference have to be felt or what's the point of stats ?

Idk that's fair I guess. I'm not bad at the combat though I can beat people at my stats and higher, up to a point.

Combat med give an huge advantage with those with lower stats, actually.

I'd rather say to change all other maneuvers and boost them to actually feel them in a fight.
Bloodlust can't be felt, oak stance is useless cause you need to have huge opening to have them being effective, which mean you're taking damage for them to be effective... For a defensive move, it's not good at all.
Shield up is useless with the quadra delta, and parry give almost no red opening, so isn't really good neither.

I definitely agree with you regarding the other manuevers but at least at the moment it appears to me that everyone is using combat med regardless of their stats.
Kaios

Postby leanne69 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Kaios wrote:
leanne69 wrote:Combat med give an huge advantage with those with lower stats, actually.

I definitely agree with you regarding the other manuevers but at least at the moment it appears to me that everyone is using combat med regardless of their stats.

Indeed, cause all other have no real impact on a fight.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby pietin2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:17 am

I'd like to know answer to this. Why is it that Ad gets blamed for all the bad stuff when I know for a fact Lady Goo and her faction kills first and ask questions later.
pietin2

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:19 am

i think theyre both blamed pretty hard but dis is blamed more tbh

every1 complains about dis bugabusers xddd
ChildhoodObesity

Postby bunnyfun4 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:58 am

instead, fuck the dis in the ass. or, let Onep do it
bunnyfun4

Postby Onep » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:44 am