Game Development: Market Garden

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Market Garden

Postby Redlaw » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:26 am

Whats needed for the Blacksmiths Bobble?
Redlaw

Postby ricky » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:31 am

why cant i put apple cores in the compost bin?
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:37 am

lachlaan wrote:Now you guys just need to make it all uncheese-able via bow hunting and it does indeed seem like nice balance.

jorb wrote:
  • Animal produce quality is now soft-capped by each projectile you shoot/'sploit into them. You're welcome, now go be men.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kaios » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:39 am

Bones were burnt in a q59 kiln using q130 coal, the bones averaged 164-174 in quality so I could produce much higher bone clay quality than what is currently there with better bones. The pit clay used for that particular piece was q49 but I doubt the q40 would lower the quality all that much.
Kaios

Postby ydex » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:40 am

hard to be men when fox just runs. pls make fox also be men! 3 punch for like 10 dmg each and fox runs like scared cat!
bold
ydex

Postby Glorthan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:49 am

[*] Animal produce quality is now soft-capped by each projectile you shoot/'sploit into them. You're welcome, now go be men.

This is stupid, all it means is that bow hunting isn't viable at all, as arrow quality is always lower than what you'll be hunting at any stage of the game.

I can exploit with ua/mc [almost] as easily as I can with a bow. I killed boxed in mammoths with a fraction of the stats required for a fair fight, with both bows and mc. You can exploit hunt in boats with ua or mc, you just need an extra boat to stand in rather than on the shore. With the attack range upgrade, even fighting over cliffs doesn't require a bow.

The problem with this is that bow hunting is the only way to kill big game without cheese if you don't have a horse, as you could shoot an animal that had run away after it deaggroed without it aggroing you. Getting melee hits in on a fleeing animal requires cheese, or a horse, which is silly imo.

You didn't solve the problem, you just made archery not useful for hunting. I guess I'll hunt with my 10 ua (might need to get 20-30 to beat opening decay though) instead of my 10 mm on my fresh character. At least I won't have to craft arrows...
Last edited by Glorthan on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glorthan

Postby Granger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:51 am

Thinking about the pots it seems a bit strange that they require the same amount of soil as one for a tree, unless the payoff (in terms of items retrieved, or regrowing like trellis) is interestingly high.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby leanne69 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:56 am

Well technically, you just plant the seed of tree in the pot until it start growing, then the nature take the next step, so it seem fine to me.

Great update, I really love it!

Any clue how long it take to a compost bin to make the soil thing? Does different decaying matter have different decaying timer?
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby Granger » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:02 am

leanne69 wrote:Well technically, you just plant the seed of tree in the pot until it start growing, then the nature take the next step, so it seem fine to me.

I get that, my thought goes more in the direction of resources consumed vs. resources gained: A tree gives plenty of product, so unless the pots give plenty they might feel falling short in comparison...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Redlaw » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:12 am

I am still wondering what I am missing to make the new Blacksmiths bobble lol.

Got 5 composts started (yay a way to use all those spare onions). Fireing my first new pots, remade my kiln (its all nice and red now :D). Even found gray clay and the new foragable (which ill plant :D).
Redlaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements