Divine Intervention: The Case of zebratul vs AD

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Divine Intervention: The Case of zebratul vs AD

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:23 am

Facts: This thread details how AD, represented by spawningmink, used a bug to bypass the visitor debuff and attempt to kill zebratul at his village. There is strong reason to believe that the bug has been used previously to steal from Dis' market.

Considerations:
  • As the damages incurred are, in the context of what they could perhaps have been, minimal, and...
  • As the bug was reported to us some time before it was used...

Verdict:
We have graciously decided that *merely* the tower and village at AD's gentleman's club...

... are forfeit.

I would love to point out how you are now only an unclaimed palisade away from being able to attack their coronation stone. There is some decent loot strewn about, including some master keys, and I've deleted a fair amount as well.

Spawningmink had already been awarded a cape for reporting the bug when we saw this.
Spawningmink embarassingly lost a very high level character in battle against a significantly weaker one, in attempting to use this bug.
Zebratul has been awarded a cape for bravery in battle.
The bug has been fixed.

Key takeaway:
Don't bagaboose.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Divine Intervention: The Case of zebratul vs AD

Postby jordancoles » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:24 am

Free subscription time for all of the customers who were inconvenienced by the server downtime!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Redlaw » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:26 am

Past the bug blow up hear a normal update today?
Redlaw

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:27 am

Redlaw wrote:Past the bug blow up hear a normal update today?

No, but tomorrow.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby tyrtix » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:31 am

dang, tomorrow...i said that, no sweet treats for us mere mortals!
Anyway i like how it seems that someone just draw a selection window there and hit delete...lol ¦]
tyrtix

Postby Kaios » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:33 am

jorb wrote:I would love to point out how you are now only an unclaimed palisade away from being able to attack their coronation stone. There is some decent loot strewn about, including some master keys, and I've deleted a fair amount as well.

So you deleted the pclaim too or there wasn't one? Seems like a much harsher punishment than the last one.
Kaios

Postby Dill » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:38 am

ripperoni, Party at AD vault today I guess..
Dill

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:42 am

Kaios wrote:So you deleted the pclaim too or there wasn't one? Seems like a much harsher punishment than the last one.

We've left all production centers and whatnot entirely unharmed. Last time we nuked the entire village.

jorb

Postby Kaios » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:51 am

jorb wrote:We've left all production centers and whatnot entirely unharmed. Last time we nuked the entire village.

Yeah I guess exp botville is a type of production center. I guarantee they lose their kingdom now though, not that I care really but that does seem harsher imo and according to you the bug "was reported to us some time before it was used" not that it makes it right to use it but you already fixed a similar bug of that type too with regards to travel preview in a boat like hello somebody is home but the lights aren't on.
Kaios

Postby jorb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:55 am

By last time you meant the time we punished a completely different offense, namely authority botting? I was referring to Core.

Bypassing defenses is more serious, and we were setting a reasonably unexpected precedent.

Divine interventions are by necessity blunt instruments. All the more reason to not make yourself a target of them.

jorb

Next

Return to Announcements