Game Development: Milling Time

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Milling Time

Postby MadNomad » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 pm

windmill looks like pavement
MadNomad

Postby Ysh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Atamzsiktrop wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:
Atamzsiktrop wrote:"You may now place locks on chests, large chests, stone caskets, coffers, and sheds."

this could affect raiding/looting in a very bad way, especially if looting places of owners that went inactive a long time ago

I suppose you can still vandalize and get the contents from the ground?

I mean, if they're away for that long there won't even be a claim for a scent to be left.

And if they're not away for that long, you'll be leaving plenty of batterings, murders and vandalisms anyway.

thing is, i assume you can't check what's inside, so you can leave scents for things that are empty (tedium) plus looting chests was often the way to loot a place (load them up on wagon and sort in your village, therefore changing this is tedious), plus it's just such a waste to destroy perfectly fine chests and find nothing in them, but you couldn't use them anyway (tedium)

i feel like it will turn out to be a bad change but should probs wait for some input

It is really worst thing in world for uncivil barbarian raider to work for his loot?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby DaniAngione » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Atamzsiktrop wrote:
DaniAngione wrote:
Atamzsiktrop wrote:"You may now place locks on chests, large chests, stone caskets, coffers, and sheds."

this could affect raiding/looting in a very bad way, especially if looting places of owners that went inactive a long time ago

I suppose you can still vandalize and get the contents from the ground?

I mean, if they're away for that long there won't even be a claim for a scent to be left.

And if they're not away for that long, you'll be leaving plenty of batterings, murders and vandalisms anyway.

thing is, i assume you can't check what's inside, so you can leave scents for things that are empty (tedium) plus looting chests was often the way to loot a place (load them up on wagon and sort in your village, therefore changing this is tedious), plus it's just such a waste to destroy perfectly fine chests and find nothing in them, but you couldn't use them anyway (tedium)
it also adds yet another way to altvault items

i feel like it will turn out to be a bad change but should probs wait for some input

Hmm..

I see.
Well, perhaps a "lockpick" ability of sorts (for containers, not gates) could be a nice solution and could also add more meaning to the Stealth ability :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Redlaw » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Locks on chests does make it harder, but this means a new learn-able skill that uses dex + stealth can be learned (lock picking) can be added if the devs want to help balance it. But knowing my junk is more safe is just find with me.
Redlaw

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:54 pm

DaniAngione wrote:Well, perhaps a "lockpick" ability of sorts (for containers, not gates) could be a nice solution and could also add more meaning to the Stealth ability :D

that's what i thought

Redlaw wrote:Locks on chests does make it harder, but this means a new learn-able skill that uses dex + stealth can be learned (lock picking) can be added if the devs want to help balance it. But knowing my junk is more safe is just find with me.

YEAH !!
Last edited by Atamzsiktrop on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atamzsiktrop

Postby reexar77 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Are we really getting ducks?
The Infamous Alex A.K.A The Lion , The Fallen King , Destroyer of Worlds , Taker of women , Down under criminal , That one guy who forgets to bring his axe , Also lover of kittens and cupcakes , Stalker of mammoths and harvester of moss , Dispatcher of Russians , Rider of Buttstalion , Basement troll , Slayer of honeybuns , Romanian bane of nature
reexar77

Postby Blueberry » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm

IM SCREAMING
berry nice to see you
Blueberry

Postby shadyg0d » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:56 pm

FIRST
shadyg0d

Postby ekzarh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Wow! Nice.
No changes on Github yet =(
ekzarh

Postby leanne69 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:57 pm

we decided to push what other little things we had to at least throw you a bone.

Give us more bones like windmill! Such a great update just for that.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements