Game Development: Milling Time

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Milling Time

Postby Blueberry » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:52 pm

loftar wrote:Stone and cloth is as in your image, but there are only two wood materials. The hazel (darker) one comes from the blocks, and the birch (lighter) one comes from the boards.

Is it the same for the milling machine?
berry nice to see you
Blueberry

Postby loftar » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Blueberry wrote:Is it the same for the milling machine?

If you mean the sources of the wood materials, then yes.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Granger » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Nice additions, looking forward to the upcoming part to cure us from getting stuck that often.

Regarding the request with lockpicking: should this be implemented it should always leave theft scent, remove the lock on success and jam it on failure (needing master key to remove the lock, as unrealistic 0lp lock grief alt protection), chance of failure should never go away completely.

In case a side project is needed for the next patch Growing Grass could be a low hanging fruit (implementation wise) with the opportunity to remove further tedium.

Keep up the stream!
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby ricky » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Any thought on whether you guys are going to re/implement wardrobes/mannequins/ even if they did cause issues with backpack/imventory, I'd like to see them again
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby jorb » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:09 pm

ricky wrote:Any thought on whether you guys are going to re/implement wardrobes/mannequins/ even if they did cause issues with backpack/imventory, I'd like to see them again

I'm sure they'll make it back in at some point.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ven » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Can we expect more political interactions for kingdoms or some mechanics to make them different from each other?
Venator
ven

Postby CShooter » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:16 pm

OMG! Why, oh god, why all that you've added last time use big ammount of this f**king bone glue? Do you know, guys, that glue makes not only from bones? Give us more ways to make it, plsss.... :| :|
I'm from Russia, my English is not so good. Sorry for that.
World 8 - Hermit
World 9 - Hermit
World 10 - Hermit
World 11 - Hermit
World 12 - Hermit
CShooter

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Lol, so, what-ever I put on my shelf looks like a book, except for the last item which looks like some kind of container ... :P

Nice shelf tho none-the-less ... :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby FictionRyu » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:23 pm

CShooter wrote:OMG! Why, oh god, why all that you've added last time use big ammount of this f**king bone glue? Do you know, guys, that glue makes not only from bones? Give us more ways to make it, plsss.... :| :|

Hm. I think you're onto something here..this windmill takes 10 glue, which is 100 bones. That's a-lot if you're not in a village or generally someone who doesn't hunt often. Making the glue isn't difficult when you've got a metal cauldron, but to get the bones to make it is a bit tasking..
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby lacucaracha » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Avu wrote:
lacucaracha wrote:
Avu wrote:Awesome on the windmill just wish it was kingdom restricted. Maybe next time.

Why the fuck would a windmill be kingdom restricted. That doesnt make sense.

It makes perfect sense if you want to encourage settling inside kingdoms. Kingdoms that provide public services (other than murder) would attract non established players. More people that want to play closer together rather than being forced to, leads to more politics that will lead to more conflict (not necessarily the violent murdering kind either). A royal mill a huge endeavor (the point is for it to be expensive as hell) for a small community but not so much for a kingdom working together would have been perfect. Integrated with kingdom road system and you have a great start. The reason we wanted kingdoms in the first place was for them to lead to more politics. But I guess the playerbase is too small to matter.

I get your point now. Only though mills arent that hard to build (irl) and even small villages had them, and i find your thinking about community a little bit utopic.
lacucaracha

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements