Prelude: Happy New World!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: Happy New World!

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Remove tri-quality, it just makes things look convoluted and doesn't add anything.
DDDsDD999

Postby HasseKebab » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:49 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Remove tri-quality, it just makes things look convoluted and doesn't add anything.

+1
HasseKebab

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:50 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:doesn't add anything.

I don't agree with that, though. I think there are quite a few places where choosing between things that aren't strictly, linearly better or worse than each other is more interesting. That's why I'm on the fence. The main problem with tri-quality, in my mind, is that the three quality dimensions work too similarly (as they evolve along the exact same mechanics), so that a linear choice is what one is effectively forced to make in every instance.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Granger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:54 pm

First thoughts:

Stat cap at 1k natural boils down to it being nonexistent for 99.9% of users. IMHO you could simply skip this.

Getting more $ is fine with me, I would prefer a solution in which alts directly add to your coffers.

Please implement push-out/pathfinding before the new world, so if it breaks stuff it can be fixed before the phase of heavy clicking (and screaming profanities for getting stuck at stuff) starts with the wipe.

Ore qualities should be reduced and L5 shouldn't automatically mean highest quality metal.

Monitor progression (characters, item qualities, online behaviour) over the first weeks, peek at the fastest gains, if it looks mechanical show up and if not being greeted by a human nuke the area and end any accounts involved or that have profited.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:56 pm

MY BODY IS READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Sevenless » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:56 pm

loftar wrote:

I don't agree with that, though. I think there are quite a few places where choosing between things that aren't strictly, linearly better or worse than each other is more interesting.

Unfortunately the issue is that you're rarely in a position to meaningfully make a choice of one stat over the other. Same issue was had in Salem. It was more of a "take what you can get or ignore some qualities because they're useless" style situation, and it was the same when I played this world as well.

The potential is lost as a result.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Sevenless wrote:Unfortunately the issue is that you're rarely in a position to meaningfully make a choice of one stat over the other. Same issue was had in Salem. It was more of a "take what you can get or ignore some qualities because they're useless" style situation, and it was the same when I played this world as well.

Yes, that was pretty much exactly my point. What I am considering is adding separate (and likely "optional") quality dimensions that can be progressed on items using different mechanics, but I have not yet any concrete idea of an example of such a mechanic.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby spawningmink » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:00 pm

thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby xTrainx » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Sevenless wrote:
loftar wrote:

I don't agree with that, though. I think there are quite a few places where choosing between things that aren't strictly, linearly better or worse than each other is more interesting.

Unfortunately the issue is that you're rarely in a position to meaningfully make a choice of one stat over the other. Same issue was had in Salem. It was more of a "take what you can get or ignore some qualities because they're useless" style situation, and it was the same when I played this world as well.

ooohhh, glad to see you back
xTrainx

Postby strpk0 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:02 pm

It would be awesome if you guys explored other ways of making money. I think there is a lot to be made from cosmetics (atleast let people submit models for weapon skins/hats/what have you and sell those for a profit). Could also allow people to submit them through the steam workshop if you ever decide to adopt steam. Costs you guys almost no effort, makes you money, and doesn't really piss anyone off in the process. Hell, even allows people to contribute to the game they like in a creative way.
There's lots of people willing to sink money into this game no doubt, you guys simply should consider alternate venues.

Seriously though, think about it.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements