Prelude: Happy New World!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: Happy New World!

Postby Bawhoppen » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Ability to increase inventory by paying is a bit silly though, is it really necessary?
jorb wrote:I am presently exhausted from twelve hours of non-stop developing and I am going to bed.
Bawhoppen

Postby Burinn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:34 pm

I think the combat stat cap thing is a nice compromise. It'll be neat to see how that turns out.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby strpk0 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Bawhoppen wrote:Ability to increase inventory by paying is a bit silly though, is it really necessary?

Yes. All the moneys to the devs.
Last edited by strpk0 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Kaios » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Recent updates have been lackluster and you haven't really changed anything with kingdoms or siege at all or really made any of the suggested changes but okay.

Astarisk wrote:
Siege & Kingdoms
--------------------
We have no immediate changes planned, except in that we would like to make some changes to Kingdoms, to soften the initial rush toward claiming as much land, and as many opponents, as possible. Feel free to make suggestions.

Some changes to sieging is going to be needed, else nothing will be sieged in the coming world. With the way the current mechanics interact, all the larger factions are going to aim to create an impossible to raid mega-structure now that they have a chance to start their village fresh.

Lots of changes are needed and not just for siege and kingdoms but those are the two big ones in my opinion. Stat caps aren't a fix to the botting issue either.

MagicManICT wrote:inb4 "pay2win!!!!11one"

Not pay to win but it does look like a money grab and why should they get it? Next world will be the same as this one and majority of players are going to quit after the early game and we'll be in the same scenario we are now, as we are every world because they keep wiping before making any meaningful changes to the end-game.
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Could the size of the new world be close to world 8? With kingdoms a massive world would be better I think lol.

Combat caps sound like a great middle ground for combat type folks. I am hoping that the changes also help with the cash flow a bit. Less alting ect....

I hope you still have a strong development time wise even if you have a few other things to do. Even a small update as has been proven can make a massive difference. Keep those up if anything.

But in truth I did feel that the new world was at a good time when the gilding system came into the game, but that was an easy fix of just restarting. Kingdoms though to be fully expressed likely need ya a world reset, they are end game world building type of deals that adding halfway threw a world kind of messes up a better development.

yes but as the deves have been told by me I have mixed feelings a bit, but meh. I am glad I learned the newer combat system though before the reset, no i am not perfect. But hell I can kill bears at least and that is good. Ill think on some more suggestions then the world size, but ya.
Redlaw

Postby Shadow7168 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the changes. Though maybe lower the combat stat cap, 999 is a bit much. If it were 400/500, I think it'd encourage more combat, plus the end-game people will probably have higher quality gear anyways.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Kaios wrote:Recent updates have been lackluster and you haven't really changed anything with kingdoms or siege at all or really made any of the suggested changes but okay.

Well, the point was that it's been on our minds since we added those things, more or less.

Redlaw wrote:With kingdoms a massive world would be better I think lol.

Area-wise, not a very large degree of the current map has been claimed by kingdoms.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby slipper » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Altought I have full intention subbing for next world, a stacking LP bonus is, as Kaios put it, seeming too much like a money grab. The inventory size on the other hand, seems reasonable.

Also, a combat stat cap of 999 is one you might as well not have.

And yeah, please do away with the tri-quality.
slipper

Postby Kaios » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:46 pm

loftar wrote:Well, the point was that it's been on our minds since we added those things, more or less.

I won't even bother extending the thread 10 pages more than it needs to be by whining about it because I'll be saying the exact same things I said last world when you implemented the end of world altar thing so I'll just be repeating myself. Point is, here we are again.
Kaios

Postby Redlaw » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:47 pm

loftar wrote:
Redlaw wrote:With kingdoms a massive world would be better I think lol.

Area-wise, not a very large degree of the current map has been claimed by kingdoms.

Why a large world and the rest might change that, somethings are end game-ish so starting with em at the start is nice. I love the idea of a more organic growth for some things (I try and do that with my stats).
Redlaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements