Prelude: Happy New World!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: Happy New World!

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:45 pm

chocolaterain wrote:I was hoping that would've been sorted out before a new world would start.

That hope is largely in vain, I'm afraid. Botting is a thing in every MMO in existence.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Colin500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Only thing that I would actually love to see before the new world...BETTER TERRAFORMING.
Colin500

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Colin500 wrote:Only thing that I would actually love to see before the new world...BETTER TERRAFORMING.

Better how? Ability to construct ridges?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 pm

chocolaterain wrote:Are there any anti-botting methods that will come with world 10? Because I was hoping that would've been sorted out before a new world would start. I don't feel motivated enough to move into yet another world to be ruined by botters to be honest.

To be honest, I feel that you guys make botting out to be much more than it in fact is. I don't doubt that it happens, mind you, but I suspect it is responsible for less brokenness than you seem to think it is. I have developed, as of quite late, some tools to look at certain data aggregates, and as far as I have been able to tell, the vast majority of what is perhaps perceived as "broken character development" appears to be much more due to a few quite broken foodstuffs. Let's just say that the top characters keep to quite specific diets. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Mafious » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 pm

We need (or i want) trees that grow or regrow without someone having to plant them.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby shubla » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 pm

jorb wrote:
chocolaterain wrote:I was hoping that would've been sorted out before a new world would start.

That hope is largely in vain, I'm afraid. Botting is a thing in every MMO in existence.

But inHnH it is openly allowed and nearly nothing is done to prevent it.
Making it bannable offense, nuking places that are obviously botting will make most player not bot.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby dafels » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Ability to dump dirt into water and making the tile shallow water would be a nice way to make bridges
dafels

Postby Colin500 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:50 pm

jorb wrote:
Colin500 wrote:Only thing that I would actually love to see before the new world...BETTER TERRAFORMING.

Better how? Ability to construct ridges?

Ability to for example raise level with wheelbarrow full of soil.
Colin500

Postby loftar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:50 pm

shubla wrote:Making it bannable offense, nuking places that are obviously botting will make most player not bot.

To be quite honest, I have been looking a bit at it lately (as indicated by my above post), and I have still been unable to tell any obvious patterns of botting.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Mafious » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:51 pm

dafels wrote:Ability to dump dirt into water and making the tile shallow water would be a nice way to make bridges

nah not dirt, stone.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements