Game Development: Swan Fishing

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Swan Fishing

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 am

I'm not sure the speed thing is a good idea, especially with carrots being so fast to begin with. Guess it's going to depend on the modifier that can be had. I'm probably just being pessimistic.

Duck ponds when? (Like I've actually caught one yet....)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:54 am

New fishing look good. Not sure how I feel about farming change. Looks as though it is now most efficient to log in every few hours and plant portion of seeds each interval to hedge bet against lower. Sounding very tedious and not good. But we can see.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:54 am

I'm a bit lost. Does this mean higher q soil --> faster crops' growth? Or are there different invisible q nodes for every crop now that affect this?
LaserSaysPew

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:55 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:Or are there different invisible q nodes for every crop now that affect this?

This. And node is different per crop. Maybe my carrot slower and pumpkin faster in my area, but opposite for you.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:55 am

MagicManICT wrote:I'm not sure the speed thing is a good idea, especially with carrots being so fast to begin with.

I don't think it was explicitly mentioned, but we made carrots overall slower with the reset. Even with the maximum possible speed boost, they'll be only slightly faster than they were in the previous world.

Also, the local speed modifier isn't huge.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 am

Ysh wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:Or are there different invisible q nodes for every crop now that affect this?

This. And node is different per crop. Maybe my carrot slower and pumpkin faster in my area, but opposite for you.

Thanks! But does soil q affect anything at all now?
LaserSaysPew

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:Thanks! But does soil q affect anything at all now?

It never did, and still doesn't.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:56 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:
Ysh wrote:

Thanks! But does soil q affect anything at all now?

I do not think soil quality has ever affected crop. Just for tree planting.

Ysh

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:57 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
jorb wrote:Remade crop quality fields to crop speed fields, so that crops now grow with somewhat varying speeds in varying locales, rather than have their qualities affected by the crop fields.

pls no

Will everyone abandon their current villages now? ¦]
MadNomad

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 am

loftar wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:Thanks! But does soil q affect anything at all now?

It never did, and still doesn't.

Oh, for some reason I thought it affected the resulting q change for crops like (-2; +5) if soil q is higher than crop q and vise versa.
LaserSaysPew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements