Game Development: Bench Crab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bench Crab

Postby RedKGB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:45 am

Kirche wrote:Nidbanes are a flawed concept and only serve to be a bandaid for the gaping wound that is permadeath, they might as well be removed, as there will never be a point where they are not entirely useless or entirely too strong for their intended purpose.

If you dont want to die then dont pvp, by pvping you are inviteing the chance of death. It does not matter if that death is the hands of another player or at the hands of an npc.

Villages can quickly replace loses, hermits do not. This at least gives hermits the chance to get justice.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 am

Ain't the cost, it's the principle. Why should I go out and spend 30k on my farmer or miner that I have no plans on dragging into combat (short of being caught in the middle of it)? Maybe we should make combat characters buy Metallurgy, Forestry, Tunneling, and a few others that add up to 30k.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:48 am

RedKGB wrote:If you dont want to die then dont pvp, by pvping you are inviteing the chance of death.

do you mean you should also be able to kill half people on the server by picking a branch from a tree?

RedKGB wrote:Villages can quickly replace loses

you know, there are such things as curiosities in the game, you get lp when you study them, but it requires time, so they limit people regardless of what they do
MadNomad

Postby Kirche » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:49 am

MagicManICT wrote:Ain't the cost, it's the principle. Why should I go out and spend 30k on my farmer or miner that I have no plans on dragging into combat (short of being caught in the middle of it)? Maybe we should make combat characters buy Metallurgy, Forestry, Tunneling, and a few others that add up to 30k.

they already do have to buy PVE skills like forestry and mettalurgy to get oak stance and parry & other manuevers.
Kirche

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:50 am

nidbanes are fucking stupid anyways, atleast now I can kill random alts that are spammed to watch bases
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Zeler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:50 am

MagicManICT wrote:Maybe we should make combat characters buy Metallurgy, Forestry, Tunneling, and a few others that add up to 30k.

Guess what, we already have to buy some skills like that to have acces to some maneuvres.
Zeler

Postby mamotromico » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:51 am

What the hell is all these cries about having to get rage. You should always get rage regardless of whether you plan to attack someone or not. This is a pvp game. Everything you do in the game is an offensive act. Complaining about having to get a "pvp skill" to be able to strike back at someone seems extremely stupid to me. Have you never read jorbs manifesto on pvp? I'll post it here if you have never read:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44710

If you stand on the tile I wish to plow, I can hurt you to make you go away. If, on the other hand, I can't attack you, then you have the means to permanently and irrevocably deny me particular courses of action for as long as you and your whims see fit. And, in this sense, every potential action is always offensive or, every potential action is always peaceful or the distinction is meaningless, whichever one you prefer.

pvp is a part of the game. Stop complaining that you have to spend lp to be able to send a killing machine against someone. If you to go through the "eye for a eye" route, you should have to spend some to be able to, just as they spent to be able to take your eye in the first place.
Last edited by mamotromico on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamotromico

Postby Nek » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:52 am

MagicManICT wrote:Ain't the cost, it's the principle. Why should I go out and spend 30k on my farmer or miner that I have no plans on dragging into combat (short of being caught in the middle of it)? Maybe we should make combat characters buy Metallurgy, Forestry, Tunneling, and a few others that add up to 30k.

We already have to buy shit like Woodsmanship & Forestry, actually, just for a single manuever.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

Postby RedKGB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:52 am

MadNomad wrote:
RedKGB wrote:If you dont want to die then dont pvp, by pvping you are inviteing the chance of death.

do you mean you should also be able to kill half people on the server by picking a branch from a tree?

RedKGB wrote:Villages can quickly replace loses

you know, there are such things as curiosities in the game, you get lp when you study them, but it requires time, so they limit people regardless of what they do

Like I said three times now, make it for murder only, not theft, not vandalism. Murder only.

A village pumping up toon will get there faster then a hermit that does everything themselves.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:53 am

Avu wrote:
MadNomad wrote:
Avu wrote:My suggestion is change it to a new skill that only does that so it's fair to every character combat alt or not.

yeah, good idea like 250K at least but idk if it isn't too low maybe it should be much much more
maybe 250K for very weak nidbanes and separate more expensive skill for stronger

Are you drunk? The point is to deter alts that bait scents but still be fair for innocents

if they are innocents they don't want 2 kill someone else then

but 4 real look at the efforts required to create and destroy the char
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements