Game Development: Bench Crab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bench Crab

Postby Avu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:32 am

Are nidbanes designed to be a tool of warring pvp factions or a deterrent against senseless murder against noobs? If it's the first great the change works great. If it's the second it fails horribly. A noob/ hermit would have absolutely no benefit from getting rage. He won't be killing his killer anyway nibdanes or not and more than likely he'll quit anyway. As for the lp spent it means nothing for combat alts who already get it and quite a bit to a hermit that has to spread his lp to every skill of which you added 2 more this world.

My suggestion is change it to a new skill that only does that so it's fair to every character combat alt or not.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Onep » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:34 am

If you have a character worth any investment, you can buy rage on it. I don't see why all the tears.
Maybe, if it's too extreme, they could just make it yeomanry instead. But really, it's not that big a deal.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Kirche » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:34 am

RedKGB wrote:False start. Why would I be shotting some one if I was dead.

Because i never specified that you had died before shooting the gun, and this is a videogame, where after you die, you're able to do just that.

RedKGB wrote:This more inline with the cops going out and bringing the killer to justice.

perhaps in countries where theft & murder is met with a death sentence by police regardless of the circumstances.
Kirche

Postby RedKGB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 am

Kirche wrote:
RedKGB wrote:False start. Why would I be shotting some one if I was dead.

Because i never specified that you had died before shooting the gun, and this is a videogame, where after you die, you're able to do just that.

RedKGB wrote:This more inline with the cops going out and bringing the killer to justice.

perhaps in countries where theft & murder is met with a death sentence by police regardless of the circumstances.

Then like I said, make it for murder only.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:36 am

Avu wrote:My suggestion is change it to a new skill that only does that so it's fair to every character combat alt or not.

yeah, good idea like 250K at least but idk if it isn't too low maybe it should be much much more
maybe 250K for very weak nidbanes and separate more expensive skill for stronger

maybe not the best solution but if devs added them to the game they probably want em in the game and it would be a lot better than it is currently
Last edited by MadNomad on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

Postby Avu » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:38 am

MadNomad wrote:
Avu wrote:My suggestion is change it to a new skill that only does that so it's fair to every character combat alt or not.

yeah, good idea like 250K at least but idk if it isn't too low maybe it should be much much more
maybe 250K for very weak nidbanes and separate more expensive skill for stronger

Are you drunk? The point is to deter alts that bait scents but still be fair for "innocents"
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby stickman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:38 am

nm
Last edited by stickman on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
stickman

Postby Kirche » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:40 am

Nidbanes are a flawed concept and only serve to be a bandaid for the gaping wound that is permadeath, they might as well be removed, as there will never be a point where they are not entirely useless or entirely too strong for their intended purpose.
Kirche

Postby Thuzzy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:41 am

Two weeks trying to get Take Aim, fuck my life.
pls fix jorbtar thx bby
Thuzzy

Postby MrPunchers » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:42 am

Ok to stop all this noob salt, we should make it so that Worthy Hearthlings(>50 INT and >100k LP) can send nidbanes without rage and leave scents from being killed, since they have the intelligence to grasp the concept of hate, but do not wish the consequences of said feeling upon another.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements