Game Development: Bench Crab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bench Crab

Postby Ophaq » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 am

jorb wrote:
Ophaq wrote:Also, I just realized (at least to my understanding) that a person who doesn't have rage can't nidbane someone if they're killed? That's like asking to have less players. :I

30k LP is nothing, and characters without rage are not important. If you are so nabbish that you haven't bought rage then you also do not have metals, wax, tracking, and facilities otherwise, to use Nidbanes anyway.

What this does is prevent or hamper the spamming of alts to block paths and cause nuisance just to bait out murder scents to use as Nidbane fodder. It is an almost entirely uncontroversial change.

I see. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :D
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby Tapewormz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 am

Giggidy wrote:
Tapewormz wrote:Is it normal that the vortex transport you to a random location when you re-enter it? I travelled from vortex (a) to vortex (b) and when I re-entered (b) it took me to an entirely different locale (c). It seems to not be doing this today, but last time I logged in it was doing this. Strange.

Wormholes will always take you to the same exit, but they are not two way streets. A-->B always, but B-->C always, not B-->A

Currently, they are taking me from a to b and b to a. WHich is also what they did a week ago, but a few days ago they were taking me all over the place. I don't mind. I like it being random, just wondering if it was normal behavior.
Tapewormz

Postby Kirche » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:58 am

RedKGB wrote:Not everyone PvPs. Not everyone wants to PvP. That means you dont buy rage. I can get wax with out rage. I can metals with out rage.

But now, if I want justice, I need to spend it on a skill I have never used, and will use. Thanks for making a lp sink that I gave no use for.

If you're seeking justice, then you're seeking the death of another player, which in essence is still PVP.
Kirche

Postby Nek » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 am

jorb and loftar, since you are both still here and are usually most active after putting a patch up, I figure I'll ask right away.
The nidbane change here is a good start, no doubt about it, but you are still looking into nerfing the actual MURDER nidbanes themselves, right? Specifically multiple of them being on you which is still a death sentence.
I'm just making sure because having multiple of those things on you is still a guaranteed character lost. There's a difference between them punishing you and outright killing you with nothing you can do to save yourself.

Nice update though, I don't want to be too negative.
Last edited by Nek on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

Postby wafflecat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:00 am

Prepare for hoards of crab alts.

Great patch, keep em comin!

Oh and why the hell can't we Inspect dead animals? That's pretty dumb, they're already dead and then it's legit to know their quality.
wafflecat

Postby RedKGB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 am

Kirche wrote:
RedKGB wrote:Not everyone PvPs. Not everyone wants to PvP. That means you dont buy rage. I can get wax with out rage. I can metals with out rage.

But now, if I want justice, I need to spend it on a skill I have never used, and will use. Thanks for making a lp sink that I gave no use for.

If you're seeking justice, then you're seeking the death of another player, which in essence is still PVP.

Yes, the death of another player is not PVP tho. If I am not killed in the first place, then there is no need for that other player to die.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Zeler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:02 am

Nek wrote:jorb and loftar, since you are both still here and are usually most active after putting a patch up, I figure I'll ask right away.
The nidbane change here is a good start, no doubt about it, but you are still looking into nerfing the actual MURDER nidbanes themselves, right? Specifically multiple of them being on you which is still a death sentence.
I'm just making sure because having multiple of those things on you is still a guaranteed death sentence. There's a difference between them punishing you and outright killing you with nothing you can do to save yourself.

nidbins are ez to kill if ur not a retard, even 5 of them
Zeler

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 am

Zeler wrote:
Nek wrote:jorb and loftar, since you are both still here and are usually most active after putting a patch up, I figure I'll ask right away.
I'm just making sure because having multiple of those things on you is still a guaranteed death sentence. There's a difference between them punishing you and outright killing you with nothing you can do to save yourself.

r u stupid or something i knew polish were retarded but i didnt think it was this bad
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Tapewormz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 am

Tapewormz

Postby Nek » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 am

Zeler wrote:

Come leave 5 murder scents at my door and then record yourself dealing with them. You have 0 chance of surviving even if you've got 20 people around you to help. Especially you zeler since you're a massive shitter lmao.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements