Game Development: Bench Crab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bench Crab

Postby DreadDawson » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:04 am

RedKGB wrote:
Kirche wrote:
RedKGB wrote:Not everyone PvPs. Not everyone wants to PvP. That means you dont buy rage. I can get wax with out rage. I can metals with out rage.

But now, if I want justice, I need to spend it on a skill I have never used, and will use. Thanks for making a lp sink that I gave no use for.

If you're seeking justice, then you're seeking the death of another player, which in essence is still PVP.

Yes, the death of another player is not PVP tho. If I am not killed in the first place, then there is no need for that other player to die.

I agree with both of these sentiments, I'm on mine L2 already, I shouldn't need to drop 30k lp on a skill I won't use, to make sure that if I'm murdered there will be retribution.
DreadDawson

Postby maze » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 am

jorb wrote:
Ophaq wrote:Also, I just realized (at least to my understanding) that a person who doesn't have rage can't nidbane someone if they're killed? That's like asking to have less players. :I

20k LP is nothing, and characters without rage are not important. If you are so nabbish that you haven't bought rage then you also do not have metals, wax, tracking, and facilities otherwise, to use Nidbanes anyway.

What this does is prevent or hamper the spamming of alts to block paths and cause nuisance just to bait out murder scents to use as Nidbane fodder. It is an almost entirely uncontroversial change.

this hurt...

and yet I'm well over that of an alt.
Again~ make it based on total plz. 100k >.<
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:06 am

maze shut up lol youre annoying
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby maze » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:06 am

spawningmink wrote:maze shut up lol youre annoying

no you furry
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Headchef » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:08 am

Headchef

Postby Zeler » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:09 am

look at those retards, they don't even know how to fight nidbanes xD
Zeler

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 am

jorb wrote:
  • Nidbanes can no longer be summoned using character specific scents -- assault, battery, and murder -- committed against characters lacking the "Rage" skill. Killing an entirely fresh alt spawn will, thus, no longer imply having Nidbanes sent after you. Crimes against property -- Vandalism and Theft -- are unaffected by this. At least in part adressing this.

I applaud the effort to fix abuses, don't you think this is a bit extreme? I don't want to have to buy Rage on my farmer and miner. I don't plan on fighting other players with them. That's 20k LP I don't need to. And the loss of those characters can hurt more than the loss of random fighter N.

Glad to see the milk animal issue solved. Was a good bit of discussion on it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby RedKGB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 am

My main has 126k lp. I am a casual hermit player.

Now a hardcore player that has spent around 50k on a combat alt now has more rights to use a nidbane then I. Got to say, thats damn stupid.
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby ven » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:11 am

Honestly I only buy rage in the last week of the world when I have to kill my other chars in a ritualistic manner.
Venator
ven

Postby Kirche » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:12 am

RedKGB wrote:Yes, the death of another player is not PVP tho.

It is PVP in any situation where one player is intentionally trying to harm another player, nidbane or otherwise.

RedKGB wrote: If I am not killed in the first place, then there is no need for that other player to die.

But you are still willfully engaging in the attempted murder of someone else, just because you're "justified" in doing so, doesn't change that fact.
Kirche

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements