Game Development: Wolverine Instructions

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Wolverine Instructions

Postby sMartins » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Yeah tooltip is awesome, thx :D
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby twincannon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Got this discovery from dried hide. Wolverine boots: 2 wolverine hides, 2 string, 1 wolverine scent gland

and yay for tooltips \o/
twincannon

Postby ErdTod » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:30 pm

I think I got only 1 chop from an instruction of 4x chop... Is it a bug worth a thread or I misuderstood something?..
ErdTod

Postby Kaios » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 pm

ErdTod wrote:I think I got only 1 chop from an instruction of 4x chop... Is it a bug worth a thread or I misuderstood something?..

My understanding of it is that when obtaining a move for the very first time, regardless of whether it's x1 or x5 will still only give you x1 when using it to get the first discovery from the animal.

After that you study another one and if it has x5 of a move you already have, completion should give you x5 as well.
Kaios

Postby ErdTod » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:58 pm

It wasn't my first move, I already had 1 chop. And my friend made me instruction of 4x Chop. After I learned it, I got 1 chop and the perchment disappeared.
ErdTod

Postby Kaios » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:30 pm

ErdTod wrote:It wasn't my first move, I already had 1 chop. And my friend made me instruction of 4x Chop. After I learned it, I got 1 chop and the perchment disappeared.

Oh that sucks, I guess it does work that way then but I haven't been able to check how the x5 parchment I was studying went. Probably you're right in how it worked though and you simply need a higher count than your current to increase, but still only increases by one each time so at x4 you need x5 to finish it off... I guess.
Kaios

Postby Granger » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Kaios wrote:Probably you're right in how it worked though and you simply need a higher count than your current to increase, but still only increases by one each time so at x4 you need x5 to finish it off... I guess.
Which would be a good thing to combat instant-alts.

Nice tooltips, please more QoL stuff like that.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:12 pm

I'm still playing a (mostly) solo hermit, but do like the combat move addition. I know enough people in my area we might be able to trade some of this stuff.

I'm with Granger and a bit concerned with the quick combat alt building, but then again, this seems a bit more work than just buying skills for LP, so a good compromise, I think.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby linkfanpc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:53 am

Plz add the Devz Rool sign you talked about.

Also, make it so mousing over something in the build menu tells you what's needed to build it.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:20 am

That whole thing about "Quick Combat Alt Building" is a major concern of mine as well. They managed to limit it a bit by still requiring you to go hunting for it, but for every positive and logical addition there's going to be a counterpoint exploit.

It might be worth adding something where learning Combat Moves by being taught consumes Experience (A significant amount, on the same tier as Hearth magic) and perhaps is time gated. IE - Once you learn a move, it takes time before you can learn another level of that move. This should be the case anyway, but this additional barrier to quick combat alting would be ideal.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements