Game Development: Whack-a-Mole

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Whack-a-Mole

Postby Ocerion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Why are there always like four people whining about the permadeath...this game would be absolutely terrible without it. I've been playing it for several years now, I've died...a lot. Usually to Dis or AD because they got bored and saw me running through the forest. Never left any scents, I've killed 3 players, and I generally stick to farming. Mostly just hermit about, my one attempt at a village saw me getting betrayed by assholes who decided I was a spy because fuck it, blame the new guy. Despite the fact that I've only ever been on the short end of permadeath, I can't even imagine how awful it would be without it. If there are no real and lasting consequences to your behavior, this will just turn into World of Warcraft meets Farmville. And that would be a fate worse than permadeath. You need to be able to remove trolling idiots from the board every now and then, or things get really bad. Its really that simple.
Ocerion

Postby isdel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:22 am

Pretty sure most of the people getting removed by permadeath aren't trolling idiots, if anything they're the ones that do most of the removing.
isdel

Postby KwonChiMin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:23 am

soooo, wardrobes?

nailed it
KwonChiMin

Previous

Return to Announcements