Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Postby Aethyr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Avu wrote:A solution to mountain tradition is volunteer realm stones or whatever those things are called. They can be destroyed without challenges but anyone under the claim can extend them. They confer all the regular bonuses and create the same experience. The ones that use them though will have to protect them by other means. Claims walls etc.

This could be a solution
Aethyr

Postby OIchi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Aethyr wrote:
Avu wrote:A solution to mountain tradition is volunteer realm stones or whatever those things are called. They can be destroyed without challenges but anyone under the claim can extend them. They confer all the regular bonuses and create the same experience. The ones that use them though will have to protect them by other means. Claims walls etc.

This could be a solution

And would they drain kingdom authority or should it be way to expand kingdom for free?
OIchi

Postby Aethyr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:57 pm

OIchi wrote:
Aethyr wrote:

This could be a solution

And would they drain kingdom authority or should it be way to expand kingdom for free?

They (freeStones from now-on) could be 0 authority but still avoid expansion. I have some ideas for this, don't know which one is easier to implement

• You can only build them under a proper border cairn or another freeStone. With under I mean exactly the "under" thing, they cannot be build on the same level if there is nothing upstairs that give them permission to exist
  • You can not build field cairn over a territory covered by a freeStone, and freeStones can not be claimed. This means free expansion but also high risk of losing your expansion
  • They only gives bonuses without actually transfer experience or stuff like that. This will (maybe) persuade kingdom to build border cairn underground even for other villages

Just my 2 cents
Aethyr

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Myrgard wrote:in order I'd say:

Center of Learning
Local Cuisine
Fecund Earth
Myth of the Bull
Mountain Tradition

after getting all these AND still having more mehirs to spare it would make sens to play with other buffs.

You order is far from my order
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Undefined » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Anyone not increasing their ore and coal quality by 25% is doing Kingdom wrong.
Undefined

Postby MightySheep » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Undefined wrote:Anyone not increasing their swan quality by 375% is doing Kingdom wrong.

FTFY
MightySheep

Postby abt79 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Undefined wrote:Anyone not increasing their ore and coal quality by 25% is doing Kingdom wrong.

But you have to extend it to all levels underground and goddamn that's a bitch

Founding Mythos is the best, I can raise stats myself but reducing the cost of Dig Deeper is all I really want, lore int and psy bonuses are just an added bonus
abt79

Postby Astarisk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 pm

MightySheep wrote:
Undefined wrote:Anyone not increasing their swan quality by 375% is doing Kingdom wrong.

FTFY

That's assuming the buffs scale linearly, still need to figure that out.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby twincannon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:52 am

can already tell mountain tradition is going to be Problematic
twincannon

Postby Damon_Cooper » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

jorb wrote:[*] I had hoped to do more little things this week, but the Realm bonuses were a bit of a big deal. With that somewhat out of the way, however, I hope we can do a good old fashioned cleanup patch next week with some content implementations, bugfixes, and polish to existing mechanics. Hunting and death mechanics are at the top of my wishlist.[/list]

Maybe you will even add an image for wheat seeds in the bucket? Seriously, it's just 3 clicks (open "barley seeds", "make lighter", save "wheat seeds") and we're still missing it.
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements