Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Postby MightySheep » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:06 am

It's going to be difficult to balance this in a way that not every kingdom does the exact same buffs because some clearly appear to be better than others. In fact there's only like 4 real choices (depending heavily on the values I suppose).When I first read it I was also expecting more of a specialization tree where a kingdom would choose its "type" like the industry buff kingdom, nature buff kingdom or mage kingdom of hearth magic / psyche buff etc.

Higher quality ores is the one standing out the most, I mean its not even a kingdom buff lets be honest, the only place kingdom where cairns are going underground is under the founding village.

It's definitely better than plain old +3 surv etc but still needs work.

Increased ore quality is a very attractive a prospect tbh and if all the kingdom go this route then this patch is only taking away benefits from all the hermits and randoms in kingdom, they gain nothing.
MightySheep

Postby LadyV » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:14 am

jorb wrote:Wolf. I even showed it on one of the streams I did.

Any mythical variations in the works? I know hunters could use a challenge above ground since the Trolls have the lower realms. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir
LadyV

Postby Ysh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 am

MightySheep wrote:It's going to be difficult to balance this in a way that not every kingdom does the exact same buffs because some clearly appear to be better than others. In fact there's only like 4 real choices (depending heavily on the values I suppose).When I first read it I was also expecting more of a specialization tree where a kingdom would choose its "type" like the industry buff kingdom, nature buff kingdom or mage kingdom of hearth magic / psyche buff etc.

Higher quality ores is the one standing out the most, I mean its not even a kingdom buff lets be honest, the only place kingdom where cairns are going underground is under the founding village.

It's definitely better than plain old +3 surv etc but still needs work.

Increased ore quality is a very attractive a prospect tbh and if all the kingdom go this route then this patch is only taking away benefits from all the hermits and randoms in kingdom, they gain nothing.

Baby steps.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 am

Potjeh wrote:Also, scrap realm magic please.

By "realm magic", do you mean the authority-uses like funerals and extracting XP? If so, do you not reckon that there needs to be some reason for the actual realm founders to be running a realm?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Potjeh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 am

Yeah, for the most part those direct authority uses are OP. And IMO these new realm bonuses are a good enough reason to have a realm.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:36 am

I think realms are fine as is tbh, state funeraling is highly unlikely as recovering your body is extremely difficult, and the 10% hit on high statted players is a pretty big hit nonetheless.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Zeler » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:40 am

NOOBY93 wrote:I think realms are fine as is tbh, state funeraling is highly unlikely as recovering your body is extremely difficult, and the 10% hit on high statted players is a pretty big hit nonetheless.

Not really. 10% loss is almost nothing. What truly hurts is the need to get combat moves again.
Zeler

Postby kngbby » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:44 am

Chebermech wrote:Mountain Tradition: does it increase the quality of coals?
Woodland Realm: does wildlife include all of the animals including mammoths and trolls?

also please add one that increases the spawn rate of hedgehogs :D
kngbby

Postby ven » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:44 am

loftar wrote:By "realm magic", do you mean the authority-uses like funerals and extracting XP? If so, do you not reckon that there needs to be some reason for the actual realm founders to be running a realm?

They could make their vassal villages more autonomous by granting their lawspeakers some minor hearth magics while abdicating their own OP things (like state funeral), thus hoping to attract more people into their kingdom and also to make their realm maintenance easier by reducing authority drain and cost for stuff.

ven wrote:* With autonomy, vassal village lawspeakers would receive a few limited policies of their own, and the authority drain of the kingdom itself would be lower.
Venator
ven

Postby iamahh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:46 am

Potjeh wrote:Yeah, for the most part those direct authority uses are OP. And IMO these new realm bonuses are a good enough reason to have a realm.

but is it enough to expand realm to hermits and noobs?
iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements